Chapter 71: Sarah Apologizes

Sarah's POV
So I've been packing my stuff to leave. I already bought a plane ticket. My flight is tonight at 6 P.M. So I'm just waiting on Lauren to get home so I can tell her that I'm leaving.

(15 minutes later Lauren arrived.)

Lauren's POV
"Alex! Sarah! I'm home!" Lauren yelled. (Alex walked up to her and gave her a kiss and a hug.)
"Hey babe," Alex said.
"Hi Alex," Lauren said.
"How did your meeting go?" Alex asked.
"It went very well," Lauren said.
"Oh that's good," Alex said.
"Hey, where's Sarah?" Lauren asked. (Alex froze.)
"Um...I think she's in her room," Alex responded.
"Ok...but Alex are you ok?" Lauren asked him with a concerned look.
"Yeah I'm fine," Alex assured her.
"Are you sure? Baby, you can tell me," Lauren said.
"I'm fine, just go talk to Sarah," Alex said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(Lauren then walks up to Sarah's door and knocks.)

"Who is it?" Sarah asks.
"It's me, Lauren," Lauren responded.
"Come in," Sarah calls out. (Lauren entered the room.)
"Hey Sarah...wait why are you already packing?" Lauren asked.
"Oh um..." Sarah stalled.
"Sarah, answer me," Lauren said.
"Ok...I'm flying back to Toronto," Sarah said.
"Why? I thought you were heading back on Saturday," Lauren said.
"I was, but...um...something c-came up," Sarah stuttered.
"Oh. It's Alex, isn't?" Lauren asked.
"N-no. Something came up back in Toronto, and my uh family needs me," Sarah stuttered again.
"Sarah, be honest. Are you leaving because of Alex?" Lauren asked again.
"Y-yes," Sarah answered nervously.
"Why? What happened while I was at my meeting?" Lauren asked. (A lot went down.)
"Alex and I got in an argument," Sarah said.
"About what?" Lauren asked.
"Um..." Sarah stalled.
"Sarah!" Lauren said.
"Ok, so all I'm gonna say is that you and him are really good together. And I don't deserve you as a friend. And..." Sarah gets cut off.
"Sarah just say it!" Lauren said annoyed.
"Ok, we were arguing about me wanting to get back together with him," Sarah said.
"What?" Lauren asked with a shocked look on her face.
"Yeah, I'm so so sorry Lauren," Sarah pleaded.
"I-I don't know w-what to s-say," Lauren said.
"I'm really sorry Lauren," Sarah said.
"Why? Sarah why? I let you stay in my apartment, and this is how you repay me! Why were you trying to get back together with MY Husband?" Lauren asked angrily.
"I'm sorry Lauren...I panicked. Just seeing and seeing him with you, just made me remember what he and I had together. I miss that! And I regret cheating on him! I do! I don't know what I was thinking! I'm really sorry Lauren. Can you forgive me?" Sarah pleaded.
"I'm not really the type to get angry, but this is different because this involves Alex. Someone who I love so fucking much! And you tried to take him away from me, and I don't know if I can forgive you for that," Lauren said.
"I'm really sorry!" Sarah said.
"You keep saying it, but I don't know if you mean it," Lauren said.
"But I do, Lauren please forgive me," Sarah pleaded.
"I don't know Sarah. I thought I could trust you. And then you go behind my back and do this. I don't know," Lauren said.
"Ok, well what about Alex?" Sarah asked.
"What about him?" Lauren asked her.
"Aren't you going to interrogate him since he didn't tell you any of this?" Sarah asked.
"Well, I trust him enough that there's probably a logical explanation why he didn't tell me. And it's not like he did anything bad, did he?" Lauren asked.
"Not to you, he was stern with his answers about him and I. He would never purposely want to hurt you. He loves you too much to do that. He told me himself," Sarah said.
"Yup, that's the Alex I know and love," Lauren said.
"Look, I'm sorry Lauren. I know you're mad at me. Well, you don't have to deal with me anymore since my flight is tonight. Ok, just want you to know that I never meant to hurt you, and I don't deserve you as a friend," Sarah said.
"Sarah, I'm not really mad, I'm disappointed," Lauren said. (Lauren got up and walked out of the room. She then went to the kitchen.)

I can't believe Sarah went behind my back like that. I don't know if I should forgive her or not.

(Lauren then began to hyperventilate. Alex noticed and ran to her.)

"Lauren! Lauren! Are you ok?" Alex asked with a worried look on his face.
"C-can't b-breathe!" Lauren said.
"Lauren, I'm right here! I'm right here! Just take deep breaths, breathe in, breathe out," Alex said. (Lauren started to do that and her breathing steadied.) "How do you feel?"
"I feel better, thank you, baby," Lauren said.
"Ok, what made your anxiety go crazy?" Alex asked.
"Sarah told me what happened between you two earlier," Lauren said.
"All we did was argue, nothing else happened," Alex said.
"Alex, I know. She told me you guys argued. Don't worry baby, I believe you," Lauren assured him.
"Oh, and you got mad, didn't you?" Alex asked.
"Yeah, I did. I don't know what to do, Alex? She betrayed me! In my own home!" Lauren said.
"I know baby," Alex said.
"What was she telling you?" Lauren asked.
"She was asking me if I missed her. If I missed the relationship she and I had. And she was asking me what I see in you, " Alex responded.
"And what did you say?" Lauren asked.
"I said, I don't miss her or that relationship. And I said all the amazing things about you that make me fall in love with you more and more every day," Alex said.
"Aww thank you, baby," Lauren said.
"You're welcome," Alex said. (He then kissed her.)
"What should I do?" Lauren asked.
"As much as Sarah got me mad, I think you should forgive her," Alex said.
"You really think so?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah, because what do I always say at the end of my vlogs?" Alex asked.
"If you're not smiling, you're doing wrong," Lauren responded.
"Yup, it's better to live your life happy than being angry. I rather see you happy than upset. Also because your anxiety goes crazy, but that's not the point. So I want you to forgive her. And I promise you, that you'll feel better," Alex said.
"You're right, I'll go apologize and forgive her," Lauren said. (She then stood up.)
"Ok baby, I'll be here waiting for you," Alex said while standing up.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(She then walks up to Sarah's door and Lauren knocked.)

"Come in," Sarah called out. (Lauren opens the door and walks in.)
"Hey," Lauren said.
"Hi," Sarah said nervously.
"Sarah, I'm sorry! I was being rude. I forgive you. I get it things happen. I know it's hard to see your ex. I guess I reacted that way because I guess I could say I'm possessive of Alex," Lauren said.
"As you should be, there's nothing wrong with that. And you have every right to react that way. He is your husband and I overstepped the boundaries," Sarah said.
"Ok, well I forgive you," Lauren said.
"Really?" Sarah asked.
"Yeah, and I want you to stay until Saturday, like the original plan," Lauren said.
"But I already bought my ticket," Sarah said.
"Oh, ok," Lauren said with a sad voice.
"But that doesn't mean you can't visit me," Sarah said.
"Oh yeah, I'll definitely visit you the next time I'm in Canada," Lauren said.
"Ok, well my flight is in a few hours, so do you wanna hang out one last time before I go?" Sarah asked.
"Of course," Lauren said.

(Lauren and Sarah went shopping and went out to eat. Then they came back to the apartment so Sarah can get ready for her flight. Then Lauren drove her to the airport.)

"Bye Lauren, again I'm extremely sorry for what I did and..." Sarah got cut off.
"It's ok, Sarah. I forgive you. As long as you don't do it again," Lauren said.
"I promise I won't," Sarah said.
"Ok, goodbye Sarah, have a safe flight," Lauren said.
"Bye, and thank you," Sarah said.

(She then boarded the plane and Lauren drove back to to the apartment.)

"Alex, I'm back," Lauren said.
"Hi, babe. You dropped her off?" Alex asked.
"Yeah," Lauren responded.
"So you guys aren't arguing anymore?" Alex asked.
"Nope, we're cool," Lauren said.
"That's good," Alex said. (They then kissed.)
"Ok, today was a long day. All I want to do now is lay on the couch and cuddle with you and Moosie and watch a movie," Lauren said.
"Ok, I'll look for a movie and you make popcorn," Alex said.
"I'm on it," Lauren said.

(And they did just that. That was pretty much the end of their night.)

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. Fuck another long chapter. So this was a lot. Basically, the drama between Sarah and Laurex is done. I hope you guys enjoyed these past couple of chapters. Also thank you guys so much for 44k reads. It's so weird to think that thousands of people have clicked on my book and decided to read it. Wow. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. If you have any suggestions for the story, let me know in the comments and I'll give you a shoutout if I use it. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly