Chapter 70: Home Alone

Lauren's POV
I was hoping for things to get better between me, Alex and Sarah, but I'm pretty sure things are getting worse. Yesterday Sarah didn't want to hang out, and she ended up trying to talk to Alex. But that didn't go well because Alex would ignore her or change the subject. I thought things were going to be ok, but I guess I was wrong.

(Lauren then goes to the living room to check up on the Moosie Bear, but she ends up finding Sarah writing something.)

Huh? That's odd. I wonder what she's writing.

Sarah's POV
Omg, the past 2 days have been so hard. I thought I would catch Alex shirtless once, nope. Yesterday he came back from working out and he took off his shirt to change into another one, and I saw him. Ok, more like staring at him from outside of his bedroom. Fuck. I really let a great and VERY attractive guy go. Ugh! Ok, I just have a few more days left in LA, and then I go back to Toronto. Ok, let's do this.

Lauren's POV
"Sarah, what are you doing?" Lauren asked.
"N-nothing," Sarah stuttered.
"Are you sure? Because a second ago I saw you writing something down," Lauren said.
"Oh it's nothing, when I'm bored, I uh write about my day," Sarah said.
"Oh, kind of like a diary entry?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah something like that," Sarah said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(A few minutes later, Alex entered the living room.)

"Good morning babe," Alex said. (He then kissed Lauren on her forehead.)
"Good morning Alice," Lauren said.
"Alice?" Sarah asked.
"Oh, that's a nickname I gave him," Lauren clarified.
"Why?" Sarah asked.
"Well you see, my YouTube name is Alex Wassabi and she calls me Alice Wuchabi!" Alex sighed.
"Oh, but why?" Sarah asked again.
"Because it's funny. And it's pronounced, Alice WACHABI!!!!" Lauren screamed in a high pitched voice. (And it's also adorable.)
"Yup," Alex said.
"Ok," Sarah said.
"Oh Alex, I'm gonna be leaving in 45 minutes for a meeting," Lauren said.
"Oh ok," Alex said.
"A meeting?" Sarah asked.
"Yeah I'm going to meet with my team," Lauren replied.
"Um...how long is your meeting?" Sarah asked.
"I don't know, it depends. It could take an hour or 2," Lauren said.
"Oh...so it's just gonna be me and Alex," Sarah said. (She then laughed nervously.)
"Sarah, are you ok?" Lauren asked.
"Y-yeah I'm f-fine," Sarah stuttered.

Sarah's POV
I'm definitely not OK! I'm gonna be alone at their apartment, with Alex. Um...I don't know what's gonna happen. All I know is that I have to control myself.

Alex's POV
So...Lauren is going to a meeting, and that means it's just gonna be me and Sarah here at the apartment. I'm gonna finish editing today's vlog. So I feel distracted.

(Lauren goes to get ready in the bedroom. Then Alex went in there to get his laptop.)

"Hey baby," Lauren said.
"Yeah," Alex responded.
"Are you gonna be ok?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah it'll be fine," Alex said.
"Ok," Lauren said nervously.
"You trust me, right?" Alex asked. 
"Of course I do," Lauren said.
"And you know I would never want to hurt you purposely," Alex said.
"Yeah I know," Lauren said.
"Ok so you have nothing to worry about, ok Chicken Nugget," Alex said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(Alex then pulled Lauren close to him and kissed her. The kiss didn't last long as usual. A few seconds later they pulled apart and Alex went to the living room.)

I don't know how I feel about staying in the apartment alone with Sarah. I'm just gonna try to ignore her.

(30 minutes later, Lauren was about to leave for her meeting.)

"Ok guys I'm leaving," Lauren said.
"Bye Lauren," Sarah said.
"Bye Sarah, see you later," Lauren said while waving goodbye to her.
"Bye babe," Alex said while wrapping her in a hug. "I love you." (He then kissed her.)
"Bye, and I love you too," Lauren responded.

(She then left.)

"Alex," Sarah said.
"Yeah," Alex responded.
"What do you wanna do?" Sarah asked while twirling her hair around her finger.
"Well, I'M gonna edit my vlog for today. You, I don't know," Alex said.
"Oh c'mon Alex. Can't you just talk to me?" Sarah asked.
"And what are we doing right now?" Alex asked.
"Alex! Just stop! It's been 5 years! Get over it and talk to me!" Sarah yelled.
"Sarah, do you think I'm still mad?" Alex asked angrily.
"It looks like it," Sarah said.
"Well, I'm not! I don't care!" Alex yelled.
"Then why have you been avoiding me?!?!" Sarah asked.
"Because I'm married and you try talking about our past relationship. Well Sarah, that relationship is in the past!" Alex yelled.
"Alex forgive me! I'm sorry I cheated on you! I don't know what I was thinking! I'm sorry!" Sarah said.
"That sorry is 5 years late," Alex said.
"Alex," Sarah pleaded.
"Can I edit my video now?" Alex asked.
"Fine! I get it! You deserve better than me! But don't you miss me? Don't you miss us?" Sarah asked. (She then grabbed his hand.)

(Alex removed his hand from Sarah's grasp.)

"No Sarah. I don't. I moved on from you! And I found someone who I love and care about. And she feels the same way. I'm over you, just leave what we had in the past, in the past," Alex said.
"So you just wanna let all that we had, go?" Sarah asked.
"Yes," Alex said.
"Ok fine, I can try, but it's not gonna be easy. Because I'm starting to realize what an amazing guy I let go," Sarah said.
"Stop it! If you're trying to guilt me into forgiving you, it's not working," Alex said.
"Fine, but what do you see in her?" Sarah asked.
"What do you mean?" Alex asked.
"What do you like about her?" Sarah asked.
"I love everything about her. She just makes me so happy. She is so sweet and talented and supportive and beautiful and selfless and..." Alex gets cut off.
"Ok I get it, she's perfect," Sarah said.
"Geez, you're the one who asked," Alex said.
"I know. Look I'm really sorry for what I did. I never thought I would ever see you again. And the fact that you were brought back into my life, it's a sign," Sarah said.
"Sarah, it's not a sign," Alex said.
"Alex c'mon, you knew me for years. We grew up together. We were friends and we became more than that. How long have you even known her?" Sarah asked.
"Stop it! I thought I knew you! I never thought you would cheat on me! And look how that turned out. Honestly, it would have been better if we had stayed friends," Alex said.
"You don't mean that, do you?" Sarah asked.
"Yeah I do," Alex said.
"Oh, wow. Um...well fine then. Just forget about what happened here. And you know what completely forget me. Keep me out of your memories," Sarah said with tears slowly coming down her face.
"Sarah, I'm sorry that I've been so rude to you. It's just this is something I don't wanna talk about," Alex said.
"I u-understand," Sarah said.

(She then ran to the guest room.)

I think I was too mean. I feel kind of bad, but she wouldn't leave me alone. God I hope Lauren doesn't get upset about me and Sarah's argument.

Sarah's POV
He hates me! He fucking hates me!!! I can't believe this. There's no point in trying to fix this. He's taken. And Lauren definitely deserves him. I just can't stay here anymore. I can't look at Alex the same. I can't. There's no way I can look him in the eye again. I just gotta get out of here. I'm just gonna apologize to Lauren that I'm going to be heading back to Toronto. I wonder how that will go.

                      TO BE CONTINUED...

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. So this chapter got intense. I've been struggling with this chapter because I've started writing it and then I change it. So this was a challenge. I feel like this chapter sucked, but at the same it was good. I don't know. So I know I said I wouldn't have the chapter just focused on Sarah and Alex, but I kind of had to. Anyway so Sarah is going to be leaving. How do you think Lauren will react, let me know in the comments. Also if you have any suggestions for the story, let me know in the comments or dm me. Also thank you guys so much for 43k reads, you guys are amazing. Also, I haven't hit it yet but thank you guys so much for 1k votes. I don't really like to look at the votes, but it makes me so happy that you guys like this crappy book. (This is my opinion. I understand you guys have your own.) Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. Also, I feel like you guys don't really know me. So I was thinking, what if I make a Q&A book. So that way you guys can ask me different questions. Don't worry I'll continue to update this one, but if I do the Q&A book I'll post on that one every Friday. If you want me to do it, let me know in comments and I'll post it tomorrow. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly