Chapter 74: What's Happening?

(Warning: This chapter gets a little emotional. The conversation that Lauren and Alex have in this chapter it might make you cry. So I advise you to get some tissues, just in case. Also, don't forget to let me know if you're apart of the #emotionalclub. Anyway back to the story.)

(5 months later)

Lauren's POV
So I'm still not pregnant. Alex and I have been trying, but still nothing. We went to the doctor a couple of times to see if something's wrong. And every time we've gone, we're told that nothing is wrong. But I don't understand, we've been trying, but nothing. The doctor told us that it'll happen when it happens. And I'm starting to lose faith that'll never happen. I just get so upset every time my period comes. It just reminds that I'm not pregnant. Like it's taunting me. I just feel so bad for Alex. He wants a kid as much as I want one too. And I feel so bad that I haven't been able to give him one. He's probably getting tired of waiting. At this point, he would be better off with someone else, someone who can give him a child.

(Lauren started to think this to herself and her eyes became glossy. And she felt like crying.)

"Good morning babe," Alex whispered to Lauren.
"Good morning," Lauren said with a sad tone.
"Are you ok?" Alex asked with a concerned look on his face.
"Yeah I'm fine," Lauren said.
"Are you sure?" Alex asked again.
"I'm fine," Lauren responded.
"Can you look at me?" Alex asked.
(Lauren turned to face him, but she avoided his eyes.) "Alex, I told you I'm fine," Lauren said.
"Baby, something's wrong. I can tell something's bothering you. Just tell me, baby. All I want to do is make you happy. Just tell me what's wrong," Alex said.
"Ok, well I was just thinking about these past few months. And how I haven't been able to give you a baby. And how you're probably so annoyed on how long this process has been taking," Lauren said. (She then let her tears go.)
"Lauren don't cry. Baby, please don't cry," Alex said.
"I'm sorry Alex. It's just, it's just..." Lauren cried.
"It's just what?" Alex asked.
"It's just, what if you leave me. What if you find someone who can give you baby," Lauren cried.
"Baby, I'll never leave you! Never. I love you too much to ever do that to you. I don't care how long it'll take. All I want is a baby with my beautiful wife. And we'll have that baby when you get pregnant. And I know it's been hard, but please don't put yourself down like that."
"Are you sure?" Lauren asked. (She then tried to get rid of her tears.)
"Yes, of course, I'm sure. When I married you, I promised you I'll be with you forever. I love you, Lauren. Well, actually I'm in love with you. And there's nothing that could ever make me stop loving you. And please promise me you won't put yourself down anymore," Alex said.
"I promise," Lauren said.
"Good. And don't ever forget that I love you, ok," Alex said.
"Ok, and don't forget that I love you too! And that I'm in love with you," Lauren said.
"I'll never forget that," Alex said. (He then kissed her and wiped a tear off her cheek.)
"God, you're too good for the world. How did I get so lucky to meet you?" Lauren asked.
"I ask myself that same question every day," Alex replied.
(Lauren blushed.) "And we've been together for almost 4 years and you still make me blush," Lauren said.
"Well that's my job," Alex said. (Lauren smiled.) "There's that beautiful smile, I love to see."
"I love you!" Lauren said.
"I love you too," Alex said. (They then kissed.)

(Afterwards they got out of bed and Lauren made breakfast. Then they ate. Then they went on with their day.)

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. So this was a little more serious but I did incorporate some sweet moments. Because honestly, this wouldn't be a Laurex fanfic without some sweet moments. So I have a lot of ideas for this book. And a little warning or a preview of what is coming is very emotional and depressing. And that's all I'm gonna say. So if you guys remember those emotional chapters from before, these that will be coming soon, are a whole different level. Ok, I've said too much. Also, thank you guys so much 46k reads, how is this book still being read. Like what? Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. And let me know in the comments if you're apart of the #EmotionalClub. Also, let me know your thoughts about this chapter. I've been a little nervous to write this chapter. So let me know if you like it. Anyway I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly