Chapter 51: Lauren's Plan In Action

(Someone knocked on the door. Lauren then goes to open it and sees 4 police officers. 3 male and 1 female.)

Lauren's POV
So the police officers have arrived.

"Good morning miss, are you Lauren?" the officer asked.
"Yes I am and this is my friend Sarah," Lauren said.
"Hello, so your boyfriend has been physically abusing you," the officer asked.
"Yes he hits me every single day," Lauren responded.
"When it happens is he intoxicated?" the officer asked.
"No he is sober," Lauren said.
"Can I examine your bruises?" the female officer asked.
"Yes we can go into my room," Lauren said.
"Ok," the officer responded.

(They went into Lauren's room and the officer made her take off her shirt to see the bruises.)

"Wow you have a lot," she said.
"Yeah well they don't really heal since I get hit everyday," Lauren said.
"Oh ok. So you said he doesn't let you leave the apartment," she asked.
"Yeah if I leave I get in trouble. But there's no way for me to get out since he locks me in," Lauren said.
"Ok, do you have a plan?" she asked.
"Yeah, I've thought of one," Lauren said.
"Ok what is it?" she asked.
"So I thinking the four of you hide. Like someone hides in my bedroom, two of you hides in the kitchen, and someone hides in the bathroom. I want it to be a regular night. So usually I give him attitude which is when he hits me and when he is about to, you all come out and arrest him," Lauren said.
"Ok we can do that, but how would we know he is about to hit you?" she asked.
"You'll know because he starts yelling. When you hear him yelling, that's when you know," Lauren said.
"Alright well I'm gonna tell the other officers your plan and I'll let you know if we'll do that or if we come up with something else," she said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

I can't believe it. Today this fucking day this asshole is getting arrested. I never thought this day would ever come. Today I will get my freedom back.

(10 minutes later the officer comes back to tell Lauren what she and the other officers discussed.)

"Ok Lauren, so the other officers and I liked your idea so that is what we are gonna do. But the only difference is that we want to give you a weapon just in case," she said.
"What kind of weapon?" Lauren asked nervously.
"We don't want to give you something too bulky or hard to use so we said, how about a taser?" she asked.
"Um sure I guess but me having a weapon is necessary?" Lauren asked.
"It's just for your safety. So do you wanna use it?" she asked.
"Yeah I'll use it," Lauren said.
"Ok I'll go get you one," she said.

(A few minutes later she comes back with a taser.)

"This is the taser you will be using," she said

"That's what I'm using?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah why?" she asked.
"I thought it was gonna be smaller," Lauren said.
"This is the smallest one we have," she said.
"Oh then yeah I'll use this one," Lauren said.
"Ok, this is the button you push to turn it on," she said while pointing at a button.
"Ok, what's this nob for?" Lauren asked.
"That's to raise or lower the voltage," she said.
"Oh if I'm using this on Baz, can you raise the voltage to the highest setting?" Lauren asked.
"Sure, just be extremely careful," she said.
"Ok I will," Lauren said.
"So what time does your boyfriend get out of work?" she asked.
"He always gets home at 5 P.M." Lauren said.
"Ok so we will be back at 4:30 to practice how this is gonna go," she said.
"Ok," Lauren said.