Chapter 66: Our Little Family

(Hey guys I'm back! Thank you guys so much for giving me space and time to get better mentally. These past two weeks have been pretty shitty. But I'll explain more later. You guys are so sweet and supportive and I don't deserve any of you. But anyway, I'm back for good. And I'll be posting again. So enjoy your first chapter since my break. Back to the story.)

Lauren's POV
Last night was the first night with the Moosie Bear! He was so good. He slept the whole night in his crate. With only one whimper. Which is so good considering most dogs usually cry a lot when you put them to sleep by themselves. But I'm so proud of my little fur baby.

(Lauren then got out bed to check on Moosie.)

"Good morning Moosie!" Lauren said.

(She then let him out the crate. She then went and served him food and water.)

"There's you're breakfast Moosie! Now I gotta wake up your dad," Lauren said.

(Lauren went back to the bedroom and attempted to wake him up.)

"Alex! Alex! Wake up! Wake up baby!" Lauren said.
"Let me sleep!" Alex groaned.
"Why do you always do this to me?" Lauren asked.
"I don't know," Alex yawned. (He then put the pillow over his head.)
"Alex wake up!" Lauren said.
"I don't want to!" Alex mumbled.
"Don't make me throw a bucket of COLD water on you!" Lauren said.
"You wouldn't?" Alex asked.
"Try me!" Lauren challenged.
"You wouldn't dare," Alex said.
"Ok then," Lauren said.

He really doesn't believe me! Or he wants an early shower.

(Lauren then grabbed a bucket and filled it up with FREEZING cold water. She then went back to the bedroom.)

"Alright Alex! You have 5 seconds to get up or I'm pouring this FREEZING cold water on you!" Lauren yelled.
"Huh?" Alex asked while lifting the pillow off of his head to look at Lauren. (He saw Lauren carrying a bucket of water and he was scared.)
"5, 4, 3..." Lauren gets cut off.
"I'm up! I'M UP!" Alex yelled while running out of bed.
"Finally!" Lauren said.

(She then poured out the water into the shower.)

I finally got him out of bed. It took me to threaten him, saying that I'm going to throw water on him. Well that's my husband.

(Lauren then went to the living room and found Alex playing with Moose.)

"Aww! My two favorite boys are having fun!" Lauren exclaimed.
"Good morning babe," Alex said.
"Are you still mad about me waking you up?" Lauren asked.
"No, because now I'm playing with my son which makes me happy," Alex said.
"Aww that makes me happy," Lauren said.
"And you make me the happiest man on Earth," Alex said. (He then kissed her.)
(Lauren then intertwined her hand with his.) "And you make me the happiest girl on Earth," Lauren said.
"I love you!" Alex said.
"I love you too!" Lauren said.

(Lauren then got up and made breakfast. Afterwards she served herself and Alex. Then they ate breakfast. After breakfast, they sat on the couch playing with Moosie.)

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?" Lauren asked in a high pitched voice. (Moosie barked.)
"That's right Moosie! You are! Yes you are! Yes you are!" Alex said in a high pitched voice.
"We are totally dog parents," Lauren said.
"Yup! This is our furry child," Alex said.
"Our adorable little fur baby!" Lauren said while petting Moosie.

(Lauren and Alex were just relaxing with Moosie and then Lauren receives a call.)

L- Hello?
S- Hi Lauren, it's Sarah!
L- Omg Sarah! Hi! How are you?
S- I'm good and you?
L- I'm good
S- Oh ok, wow it's been so long
L- Oh I know. I haven't seen you in over a year
S- I know, so how's been life with your boyfriend
L- Well, he's actually my husband
S- Omg you're married?!? Congratulations!
L- Thank you! Yeah we got married a few months ago
S- Oh ok, so there's actually a reason why I called you
L- Ok so what's the reason
S- I'm coming to LA to visit
L- Omg wait really?
S- Yeah I've never been to LA so why not visit
L- That's great. Do you need a place to stay?
S- No I'm getting a hotel
L- Are you sure? I have a guest room
S- Lauren I'm fine
L- Are you sure? Because then I could give you  a tour and give you a good LA experience
S- Are you sure you want me in your apartment? I don't want to disturb you and your husband.
L- Sarah it's fine
S- Ok fine
L- Yay! So when are you flying to LA?
S- Next Thursday
L- Ok I'll pick you up at the airport. Just text me what time is your flight
S- Ok, well I'll text you later. Bye Lauren
L- Bye Sarah

"Hey babe, who was that?" Alex asked.
"Oh that was my friend, Sarah. She helped me escape from Baz," Lauren said.
"Oh really," Alex said.
"Yeah, and she's coming to LA to visit," Lauren said.
"Oh that's cool! Will I get to meet her?" Alex asked.
"Of course, oh is it ok if she stays with us?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah of course babe. Remember it's your apartment too," Alex said.
"I know but still wanted to know if you were alright with it," Lauren said.
"Well thank you for thinking of me, babe!" Alex said. (He then kissed her forehead.)
"Of course," Lauren said.

(The rest of their day was pretty relaxing. They both got some work done and hung out with each other.)

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. So Sarah is coming to visit Lauren. So in the next chapter, Alex gets to meet Sarah. Let me know in the comments what do you wanna see in the next chapter. Also, thank you guys so much for 40k reads and over 100 followers. I can't believe how far this book has came along. And I also can't believe how many people decided to follow me. Also, for all of my OG readers, you probably realized that I changed the description for this story. And I did that because I got bored of the old one. The old one didn't say much about the story, and this new one does. I also wanted to interest more readers. Let me know if you like the new one or if the old one was better.

Anyway I wanted to talk about what happened in my family. I didn't want to talk about it at first because I wasn't ready, but I'm in a better place and I think you guys will understand more on why I decided to take a break.

So what happened was that I had this uncle, who I loved very much. In July or August of last year, he was diagnosed with cancer. And he was battling it all year. In March he was told that he had an estimated of 6 months to live.

On August 3rd, I went to visit him. He looked terrible. I had never seen him this bad. Then on the 5th, I was back to school shopping with my mom, sister, and niece. Then my dad calls my sister to tell her that he had just found out that my uncle had passed away.

We drove back to my house to pick up my dad and drove to my uncle's house. I didn't know how to react. One of my biggest fears has always been losing someone in my family. My family means so much to me, that losing anyone that was important in my life, it just frightened me. Which is why that's one of my biggest nightmares.

I just needed time to take in the fact that it happened. I was dealing with that and I was dealing with the stress of starting high school. But at this point, I'm a freshman in high school, and I excepted it. And I'm slowing getting over my uncle. Since his funeral already happened.

Anyway that was a little glimpse in my life to see why I decided to take a break. Sorry if this brought you down considering this was a sweet chapter. And again, I'm not asking for pity or sympathy. I'm just trying to be honest with you guys. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. And I know this chapter wasn't the best, but they'll get better eventually. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️! Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly