Chapter 68: The Awkwardness

Lauren's POV
"She's your ex?" Lauren asked with a shocked look on her face.
"Um...yeah she and I dated a few years ago," Alex responded.

What the Fuck?!?! Alex and Sarah used to date?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Ugh!!! Great, just great.

"Haven't seen you in years," Sarah said.
"Yeah, it's been like what 4-5 years," Alex said.
"Yeah around there," Sarah responded.
"Its been a while," Alex said nervously.
"Um...ok. Um...I think I'm gonna take...a walk," Lauren said anxiously. (She then backed away slowly.)

Alex's POV
"Baby wait. Don't go!" Alex said.
"No it's fine...um you and Sarah should...um catch up," Lauren said in between hyperventilations.
"No baby! Don't go! You know what I should go. You were so excited to have Sarah here and I made it awkward. I'll go," Alex said.
"No Alex, wait! I'm the one who should leave. I'm the one who made this awkward. I should be the one to leave," Sarah said.
"No Sarah stay. I invited you here, I just need to time to take in all of this," Lauren said.
"Chicken Nugget, please can we talk?" Alex asked.
"Alright fine," Lauren said.

I don't want Lauren to feel upset. I didn't know she would be friends with one of my exes.  It's surprising that they met. All I want is my wife to feel comfortable, safe, and loved. I want to make her happy, and the fact that I'm the reason why she feels anxious, makes me feel bad. All I want to see is that beautiful smile of hers. 

(Lauren and Alex go to their bedroom.)

"Um...what just happened?" Lauren asked.
"I don't know," Alex responded.
"What? How?" Lauren asked.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know your friend Sarah was also my ex, Sarah," Alex said.
"It's ok baby, but it's weird," Lauren said.
"I know, I know. Which is why, hang out with her, I'll stay with Aaron while she's here," Alex said.
"Alex, no you don't have to do that," Lauren said.
"I know, but I don't want you to feel nervous or anxious," Alex assured her.
"Alex it's fine. This will be a little weird, but no matter what, I want my husband by my side. Because I love you so much and my love for you will never go away," Lauren said while holding his hand.
"Ok, Chicken Nugget. Whatever you say," Alex said. (Lauren smiled.)
"Ok baby," Lauren said.
"I'm happy to see that beautiful smile of yours back on your face. And I never want it to ever leave," Alex said. (Lauren blushed.)
"Alex, stop making me blush," Lauren said.
"Sorry babe, but that's apart of my job as your husband," Alex said.
"Ok, Chicken Tender. I love you!" Lauren said.
"I love you too," Alex replied.

I'm so happy she's happy again. I'm glad she's smiling again. I meant every word. I never want that smile to leave. Ever.

(They kissed and then walked out of their bedroom holding hands.)

"Hey, Lauren I'm sorry that all of this is awkward. I'll just stay at a hotel," Sarah said.
"Sarah it's fine, you can stay here," Lauren said.
"Lauren, are you sure? I don't want to make things awkward here in your home," Sarah said.
"Sarah, I already told you, you can stay here. And my decision still hasn't changed and it won't change," Lauren said.
"Thank you, Lauren," Sarah said.
"You don't have to thank me, think of this as a thank you for helping in Toronto," Lauren said.
"Ok," Sarah said. (They then hugged.)
"So we're all cool?" Alex asked.
"Yeah we're all cool," Sarah said.
"Ok, well I'll show you Moosie," Lauren said.
"Ok," Sarah said.

(Lauren then introduced Sarah to Moose. Then afterwards they hung out. And the rest of the day there wasn't any awkwardness. |Let's see if it stays that way. Hehehe!)

Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter. So I feel like this chapter kind of sucked, but I still like it. I basically feel like I could've done better, but this is the best I could think of. So oh well. Did you like it? Let me know if I did a "good" job. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. And if you have any suggestions on the story, let me know in the comments. And maybe I'll use it. I hope to see you in the next chapter. Love you guys ❤️! Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly