Chapter 79: The Birth

Alex's POV
"I think my water just broke," Lauren said.

"I think my water just broke. My water just broke. Water just broke..." (This kept repeating in Alex's head because he's in shock.)

"Alex! Alex! ALEX!" Lauren yelled to snap Alex out of his trance.
"I'm sorry what?" Alex asked.
"My water just broke. Go grab the bag and I'll meet you in the car," Lauren said.
"Ok, baby," Alex said.

(Alex rushed upstairs and grabbed the emergency bag they had already packed. He also grabbed his wallet, keys, and his cell phone. He then ran downstairs to meet up with Lauren in the car.)

"Let's go become parents," Alex said while grabbing Lauren's hand.
"Yeah, let's go bring our babies into the world," Lauren said. (Alex then kissed Lauren's hand and started driving.)

(20 minutes later, they arrived at the hospital.)

"Hi, my wife's water broke," Alex said.
"Ok, Ms, has your contractions started?" the receptionist asked Lauren.
"No not yet," Lauren responded.
"Oh ok. Well, I'll see if I can get you two a room," the receptionist said.
"Ok, let us know when a room is available," Alex said.
"Ok, sir. Um Ms, what's your name?" the receptionist asked Lauren.
"Lauren Riihimaki-Burriss," Lauren responded.
"Mrs. Burriss, we do have a room available. Can you and your husband follow me?" the receptionist asked.
"Of cour..." Lauren was saying and then she started to hold her stomach, indicating that she's having her first contraction.
"Lauren," Alex said in a worried tone.

(Lauren started to groan in pain.)

"I-I think I'm h-having my first c-contraction," Lauren groaned.
"Just breathe, just breathe, Laur. Everything is going to be fine. Just breathe, my little Chicken Nugget," Alex said in a soothing tone.
"Thanks, baby," Lauren said. (Then the receptionist gave them a wheelchair so she doesn't have to walk in pain.)
"Alright here's your room. Mrs. Burriss, why don't you get comfy, and I'll have a nurse check up on you shortly," the receptionist said.
"Ok, thank you," Alex replied.

(Alex then helped Lauren change into her gown. And then he helped her feel comfortable in the bed.)

"How do you feel Chicken Nugget? Do you feel comfortable?" Alex asked.
"Yes, I do. Thank you, Chicken Tender," Lauren responded. (She then kissed him.)
"So I called my parents and your parents to let them know that your water broke," Alex said.
"Oh ok," Lauren responded.
"Yeah, my parents should be here tomorrow and your parents in 2 days," Alex said.
"Ok," Lauren said.

(So 30 minutes later, Aaron and Veronica arrived at the hospital. And are just talking with Lauren and Alex.)

"So Lauren, how are you feeling?" Roni asked.
"I feel ok, minus the contractions," Lauren said.
"Oh ok. How bad do they hurt? Like from a scale from 1-10," Roni said.
"Right now they hurt like a 7, but the pain keeps increasing each time I have another contraction," Lauren told her.
"Oof, that sounds painful," she said.
"They are," Lauren replied.

(After a while of them talking, Aaron and Veronica stepped out and the doctor came in.)

"Hi Lauren, how are feeling?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"Not the be..." Lauren got cut off by another contraction. (Alex quickly rushed to her side to hold her hand and relax her.)
"Just breathe Lauren. Just breathe," Alex said in a soothing tone.
"Ok, how long was that?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"That was 35 seconds," Alex replied.
"And how far apart are they?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"3 minutes and 30 seconds apart," Lauren said.
"Ok, you are almost there. The contractions should be 5 minutes apart and lasting 60 seconds," Dr. Aguilar said.
"Ok, doctor how far along am I?" Lauren asked.
"Ok give me a few minutes to check," Dr. Aguilar said.
"Ok," Lauren and Alex both said.