Chapter 77: The Check-Up

Lauren's POV
So I'm now 5 weeks pregnant. And I've started to show a little bit, but not that much. Today, Alex and I have another doctors appointment. All I want to hear is that my baby is healthy.

(Lauren got out of bed and went to the restroom to wash her face, then she went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for her and Alex.)

Alex's POV
I wake up and I don't see my wife next to me. She's probably already making breakfast. I better go and help her.

(Alex gets out of bed and goes downstairs. He then finds Lauren cooking breakfast. He then sneaks behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. Then he kisses her shoulder.)

"Good morning beautiful," Alex said.
"Good morning baby," Lauren said.
"Whatcha making?" Alex asked.
"Grilled cheese," Lauren replied.
"Mmm," Alex mumbled.
"They're almost ready. Just sit down, I'll give you yours in just a few," Lauren said.
"Ok baby," Alex responded.

(Alex sat down at the table. Then a few minutes later, Lauren served herself and Alex.)

"Mm, this is so good," Alex said.
"Thank you, Alex," Lauren responded.
"You're welcome, remember you have a doctor's appointment today," Alex reminded her.
"I remember. I'm really excited to see how our baby is," Lauren said.
"I am too. Hey, do you think we'll find out the gender?" Alex asked.
"Maybe, but speaking of that. Can we talk about that?" Lauren asked.
"Yeah sure. What do you want to talk about?" Alex asked.
"Well...I want to know if you want to know the gender right away or if you want to do a gender reveal party or if you want to wait until he or she is born?" Lauren asked.
"I don't know, whatever you want beautiful," Alex replied.
(Lauren sighed.) "That doesn't help, Alex. I want your opinion. Considering this is also your child," Lauren said.
"Ok...uh what do you want to do?" Alex asked.
"Um...how about a gender reveal?" Lauren suggested.
"Yeah I'm fine with that," Alex said.
"Are you sure?" Lauren asked.
"I'm sure, baby," Alex reassured her.
"Ok, so whenever the gender can be told, will just put it in an envelope and give it to one of our friends," Lauren said.
"Ok," Alex said.

(Lauren and Alex finished eating and then Lauren went to take a shower. Afterwards, she started to get ready to go to the doctor's.)

(25 minutes later)

"Hey baby, are you ready to go?" Alex asked.
"Yeah, let's go," Lauren said.

(They then left the apartment and headed to Alex's car. Alex drove to the doctor's office.)

(15 minutes later)

"Hi we have an appointment with Dr. Aguilar," Alex said.
"Ok, under what name?" the receptionist asked.
"Lauren Burriss-Riihimaki," Lauren responded.
"Ok, go right ahead Mrs. Burriss," the receptionist said.
"Thank you," Lauren said.
"You're welcome," the receptionist responded.
"God, I love it when people call you that. Mrs. Burriss," Alex whispered in a husky tone in Lauren's ear.

(Lauren felt a shiver go down her spine.)

"Hi Lauren, hi Alex. How have you guys been?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"We've been good," Lauren said.
"That's good, so how's been the pregnancy?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"It's been going pretty well, except for the morning sickness," Lauren said.
"Ok, well that's a very common thing, a lot of pregnant women face. Um, are you experiencing any pains?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"No not at all," Lauren replied.
"Ok, that's good. Ok let's start this check-up," Dr. Aguilar said.

(So the doctor checked her heartbeat, her blood pressure, and her lungs. And then came the ultrasound.)

"Ok it's time for the ultrasound," Dr. Aguilar said.
"Ok, and quick question," Lauren said.
"What is it?" Dr. Aguilar asked.
"When can we find out the gender of the baby?" Alex asked.
"Um, when Lauren is about 18 weeks pregnant," Dr. Aguilar responded.
"Oh ok, I didn't know we have to wait that long," Lauren said.
"Yeah, it's because, by that time, it's easier to distinguish the gender on the ultrasound," the doctor replied.
"Oh ok," Lauren said.

(Lauren raised her shirt up to show her stomach. And the doctor put the jelly on her stomach and started to make a circular motion on Lauren's stomach.)

"Ok if you look at the screen, you can see your babies," Dr. Aguilar said.

Lauren's POV
Wait?!?! Did she just say, BABIES?

"I'm sorry what?" Lauren asked.
"What do you mean by 'babies?' How many babies is my wife carrying?" Alex asked.
"I'm detecting 2 heartbeats. Congratulations you too, you're having twins!" Doctor Aguilar said.
"Omg! Omg! OMG! I can't believe this!" Lauren said.
"I'm so happy! There's a chance I can get the big family I've always wanted!" Alex exclaimed.
"Not the time to be thinking about getting me more pregnant. Let's stick with the 2 that are already in my stomach," Lauren said. (Alex laughed.)
"Ok baby," Alex said. (He then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek.)
"I'm so happy for you both! I can tell you'll be amazing parents," Dr. Aguilar said. (That made Lauren tear up a little.)
"Thank you," Alex replied.
"You're welcome, ok here's your ultrasound and the date for the next appointment.
"Ok thank you," Lauren said.
"You're welcome, Lauren. Have a good day," Dr. Aguilar said.
"You as well," Alex responded.

(Lauren and Alex left the doctor's office and went home. Once they got home, Alex grabbed his vlog camera to announce that they're having twins.)

"What it is, what it be, what it do doh! Hey guys, I'm here with my beautiful wife, Lauren," Alex said.
"Hi guys," Lauren said.
"And we just got back from the doctor's office for a check-up," Alex said.
"And everything is fine. But we do have some news for you guys," Lauren said.
"Drum roll please," Alex said. (Lauren attempted to make a drum roll noise.)
"We're having twins!" they both exclaimed.
"My beautiful Lauren is having twins. That means we'll be having 2 babies to take care of in about 9 months," Alex said.
"And I'm so happy. A little nervous, but mostly happy," Lauren said.
"Yeah same here. And we wanted to let you guys know since you guys are our family," Alex said.
"And also you guys deserve to know considering you'll come along this whole journey," Lauren said.
"Yup," Alex said.

(Alex them turned off the camera and hugged Lauren.)

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked.
"I'm extremely happy, I can't wait to see these 2 amazing babies," Lauren said.
"Me too. I love you, Lauren," Alex said.
"I love you too, Alex," Lauren responded. (They then kissed.)

Hopefully, you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really sorry guys that it's taken me a while to write this chapter. I've been facing writer's block. I just didn't have any good ideas. And I've also been trying to focus on school. But I've finally finished this chapter. I still don't think it's good enough, but whatever. So anyway, Lauren is having twins! Yay! (Obviously in the story.) I also want to know how much longer do you think this book should go on. Because we are nearing the end, but I don't really know when to stop. So let me know when you want me to stop. Also, I know I said I won't write another Laurex fanfic after this, but I honestly don't know. What do you guys think? Should I write another fanfic after this one? Or should this be my last fanfic for a while? Idk, help me, guys! Also, thank you guys so much for 51k reads! I literally don't have enough words to say thank you. You guys are the absolute best. Anyway if you enjoyed this chapter please give it a vote, I would really appreciate it. I hope to see you in the next chapter. (Whenever that goes up.) Love you guys ❤️!
Mkay Bye!

— Citlaly