Chapter 81: Their 1st Birthday

(So this chapter fast forwards to Riley and Addison's first birthday. Btw this is the last chapter of Laurex Romance. And the next "chapter" will be the epilogue, hope you enjoy.)

Lauren's POV
I can't believe the twins are finally 1 year old. Oh my god, it just felt like yesterday when I brought them into the world. Where does the time go?

I just want to keep them as babies forever. But I know, that will not happen, as much as I want that to happen, they have to grow up. Ugh.

(Lauren then turned on her phone and was looking at a photo she and Alex took with twins when they were born. Then she started to tear up and Alex entered the room.)

"Babe, what's wrong?" Alex asked her while wrapping his arms around her waist. (He then kissed her on the cheek.)
"Oh, nothing. I-I just can't believe they're a 1-year-old. It feels like it was yesterday when I went into labor," she said.
"I know. Time flies, fast," he said to her.
"Too fast," she said back.
"I know, Laur, but what can we do? We can't keep them as babies forever," he said to her. (She then turned around and faced him, staring into his eyes.)
"I wish we could," she said and then she buried herself into his chest.
"I do too, Chicken Nugget. I do too," he said to her. (He then kissed the top of her head.)

(They stayed there in that moment as time froze. Like it was just them two in the world. Lauren then lifted her head and stared into his eyes again.)

"I love you," she told him. (She then kissed him.)
"I love you, too Chicken Nugget," he replied back. (And he kissed her again.)
"I love this moment, but I want to say happy birthday to my babies," Lauren told him.
"Let's do it together, " Alex told her.
"Ok let's go," she said to him.

(They both went to the twins room.)

"Good morning Addison and Riley! Happy birthday you adorable babies," Lauren said to them.
"Happy birthday you too! I know you might not understand us but we love you both and we can't believe you are now 1 years old," Alex said.
"And we will love you both forever! Come here!" Lauren said and picked up Addison. (Then Alex picked up Riley.)

(They then went downstairs and put them in their playpen. Then Lauren started making breakfast, while Alex was cleaning up the place. Then Alex started to stare at his family and got lost in his thoughts.)

Alex's POV
I love my family. How did I get blessed to have such an amazing wife? And for her to bring my beautiful children that I adore so much. And for her and I to adopt such an amazing dog into our home to protect our kids. I'm such a lucky guy. And I'm so grateful for this life that I was given.

"Hey Alex," Lauren snapped Alex out of his thoughts.
"Y-yeah," he replied.
"What were you thinking about?" she asked him. (He smiled.)
"Us. Our family," Alex said to her. (Lauren smiled at him.)
"What about our family?" Lauren asked him. (He then walked up to her.)
"About how lucky I am to be blessed with this amazing family. I would never trade anything for this family, for this life, for you," he told her. (He then kissed her.)
"Aww, baby. Thank you! I'm happy I was blessed with this life, family, and of course you! I love you!" she said to him
"I love you too, babe," he said back and kissed her again.

(Lauren then went back to making breakfast and then served Alex. Then she gave the twins their food.)

Lauren's POV
Alex and I decided that instead of having a big party for the twins, we decided on having a small get together. We invited our close friends to celebrate this day with our little ones. So right now I'm going to get Riley ready, while Alex gets Addison ready.

"Ok, I'll take Riley to our room to get her ready. And you get our little boy ready," she told Alex.
"Ok, babe," Alex said to her.

(Lauren then took Riley to her room. She put her in a little dress.)