Chapter 3- tutoring??

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Your teachers and myself have been discussing your academic performance lately, and what we can do to help you." Principle Choi says, directing the statement at me. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. My parents look embarrassed.

"We have tried giving you the option of choosing tutorials and extra support from the staff, but you never take what we offer. So we decided that the only way to improve your education is by making things, well, mandatory."

My eyes go wide and I scoff. "What's that supposed to-"

"Jungkook, settle down and listen." My dad grunts. I clench my fists.

Principle Choi plasters a fake, sweet smile across her lips. "We've created a contract that we ask and recommended you both sign." She said, now speaking to my parents. "We're proposing tutoring for Jungkook, and since it's through the school, it will be completely free."

My heart sinks down to the pit of my stomach and my mouth hangs open. Mandatory tutoring?? On the other hand, my parents looks relieved and thankful.

"Do I even get a say in this?!" I protest.

"Jungkook, we have tried many times to give you a choice, but you haven't been cooperating. For kids like you, us staff members need to take an extra measure to ensure success for your future. I promise you'll thank me later on." She says with a nod. I want to strangle her right here in this office.

"Of course we'll sign! Anything to improve Jungkook's grades! I've started to worry that he might not get into college!" My mom exclaims.

"What does the contract include?" My father asks.

She puts her hands together. "We have found Jungkook the perfect tutor. They will work together 3 times a week. As Jungkook's grades increase, they won't have to meet as often. We cannot take away class time for this, so you will all have to come up with time in after school hours, if that's alright with you."

"No problem at all!"
"It should be 4 times a week."

My parents reply at the same time, both saying things I didn't agree with. Principle Choi laughs. "If you'd like to start off with even more time a week, there's no one stopping you!" They all share adult smiles and chuckles before she continued. "There is one more requirement. We think that Jungkook really needs all the help he can get, so we are suggesting that he joins a club that our campus offers. We want to improve him a lot in his worst subject, Social Studies, so we've decided to choose History club for him."

Shit.

3 or 4 times a week with some nerdy tutor, plus participating in a club of more nerds??? How was I expected to live like this?!

Just then I remembered that another nerd and her parents were also in the room. I was suddenly confused about her.

"Why is Ji-won a part of this conversation anyway?" I ask with a twinge of annoyance. Why couldn't the principle talk to her about whatever she needed to say after my meeting was over? Now Ji-won probably snickering in her head, happy to get a glimpse of my personal life that she seems so interested in.

Everyone stares at me like I'm stupid, even Ji-won. "What? What did I say?" I ask, looking back and forth between everyone.

Did I ask a stupid question? Did she already answer it? I'm genuinely confused for about 10 seconds while everyone looks utterly ashamed of me and concerned. And then it hits me like a speeding bus.