Chapter 33- new years

SONG JI-WON'S POV

         I feel bad for my parents.

          I told them I'd spend New Years with them since I didn't want to go see Jungkook and Hobi and all the others for their get together- too much tension. But somehow, while Haru was over at my house and we were lazily sitting and talking in my room for hours, she convinced me to go with her. She used the sympathy bullshit on me- "Hoseok will be hanging out with all the guys and I'll be lonely and awkward! Why would you make me suffer like that on a holiday?"

           So that's why I cancelled on my poor parents (they already replaced me with their friends anyway) and right now my heart is racing a mile a minute. I'm clinging to Haru's arm as we walk out of my car and up to the front door of her house.

           "Don't leave my side you got it??" I demand nervously. "You can't let me have a single moment alone with either of them ok?"

           "Alright alright, stop worrying so much! Loosen up a little, it's gonna be fun." She reassures me as we head inside. I've never been so nervous to see Hoseok before, it's a weird feeling.

          We go in and I greet everyone as if everything's fine. When Hoseok sees me he smiles and comes over, hugging me excitedly like he always does, as if we hadn't seen each other in a while. It's sort of true in this case, for us at least.

             "Well someone's been difficult to reach these days." He said, pulling away. I really need my heart rate to slow.

           I laugh. "No kidding. Sorry about that. I needed some time to myself I guess."

          "Hey, no excuse needed, you're good." He says, making my tension slip away a little. He does everything to comfort me and make me feel fine, I should thank him more often.

            Jungkook is the last one to arrive out of all 9 of us. He walks in and says hey to everyone, but when he sees me he looks shocked, and his approach to me is very different from Hoseok's.

            "Where the hell have you been?" Is the first thing he says, and I mentally start to panic.

          Thankfully Haru walks into the scene just in time from her brief bathroom break. "Offline." She answers for me, putting an arm around me. "Her phone was turned off for a whole 4 days, no one could reach her." She laughs. Jungkook furrows his eyebrows.

            "Why? Did something happen?"

            "You would know..." Haru mutters under her breath and I'm extremely fast to elbow her. Luckily I don't think he heard.

              "I just took some time to myself, nothing severe." I say quickly. He eyes me suspiciously.

           "I mean, I guess that's fine, but we should really tal-"

          "DRINKS YOU GUYS!!" Haru yells, interrupting him entirely. "Idiot did you buy soju before this?" She asks Jin, whose across the room with everyone else.

            "I thought you did!" He yells back.

           Haru groans and rolls her eyes. "You dumbass, I don't even have a fake ID how would I?"

           "Oh hell nah, someone's gotta go buy." Jimin interjects.

           "Fine, me and Haru can go." Jin says. Instantly after I react and grab Haru's arm.

           "NO!" I yell, and everyone goes silent. I laugh nervously. "Haha, don't take Haru!" I said semi jokingly. They looked at me weirdly. Hoseok definitely notices the desperation in my voice, I'm sure. Soon he's gonna know something's up.