Chapter 50- pitiful honesty

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

               My heart stops at the sight of him. My breathing goes slow, and my head spins, pounding painfully. My whole body shakes so much to where I feel like I might collapse. My mother holds me when I stumble. I'm trying so hard not to cry, to at least look strong for my parents.

               "He's been in this coma state since 11:50 am, when I checked up on him." The emotionless nurse explains in a dreadful monotone. Her pokerface gives me goosebumps. "An hour before, he was fine, but when I came in, he was in a deep sleep. Naturally, I checked his blood pressure and heart rate and such, and it was all gravely slow. It was then I suspected an overdose, and I called the doctors to take over. An obvious suicide attempt."

               There's an incredibly long silence, as we all stare at his seemingly stable, seemingly calm state. He's anything but.

            "W-will he be okay?" I manage to mutter, barely making it above a whisper. Speaking is almost impossible right now. My dad squeezes my shoulder.

              "The statistics..." She begins, her expression getting frighteningly serious. This lady tolerates no sugarcoat. "They are worse than we hoped. He stands at a much higher risk than the average person in this situation."

             My mother sobs again, and it's my turn to hold her. "What are the stats?" I ask, voice going raspy and cold.

            The nurse hesitates to continue. "Currently at a 60:40 ratio, between waking up and not."

              60:40
            60:40
           60:40
             Too risky, too much... my brother really might die. This is real. It's real.

              Suddenly I'm gasping for breath, hot tears falling quickly and seeming to burn my skin, my fists clenched painfully tight. Everything's blurry, spinning, loud. I block it all out, unable to focus on anything else but my brother's dying body.

              60:40

             "GOD DAMN IT!" I shriek, reaching for     the nearest object in sight. Before I can even think, I chuck a vase to the opposite wall of the blindingly white room, and it smashes into tiny pieces, water splashing everywhere. Disassociation creeps over me in the midst of all my rage, and I'm barely conscious when other employees rush into the room. The last thing I remember was being dragged out, distorted, dark figures crowding around me and yelling my name.

             It feels like all my demons finally showed themselves, and they're here destroy me piece by piece.

             And then the world goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV

            Ji-won and I lay on her bed, face up, staring at the blank ceiling. Not touching, not too close, but together nonetheless. She's lost in deep thoughts when I glance at her. I sigh before speaking.

            "Are you okay?"

            "I'm pissed." She replies blandly.

            "Don't hold a grudge on him." I say quietly. "He was just in a bad state of mind."

            "He had no right to hurt you." She says firmly.

             "I told you I'm fine, it was just a push. Besides, I did go at him first." I say, rolling onto my side. She does the same so we're facing each other.