Chapter 43- damsel in distress

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

              "LAST ONE THERE BUYS DRINKS LATER!" Jimin yells while starting to sprint to the water. After hearing that, we all start running across the beach like we're being chased by death itself.

               I have no problem speeding passed everyone else, and I feel great as wind slaps me and my hair whips around, sand kicking up behind my feet. When I glance back, however, I notice that despite how fast she is, Ji-won is struggling to run with her flip-flops and hair covering her eyes.

                Without a second thought, I turn around and run to her, and without any sort of warning, I scoop her up in my arms, bridal style. She screams loudly in shock and starts laughing hard when I keep running to the ocean. She throws one arm around my neck and grabs my flexed bicep with the other to keep from falling. I feel her bare side against my abs, her skin is smooth and warm.

                She whoops and cheers for me as I let out a strained yell of struggle, about to collapse. I push further and keep sprinting, desperately trying to save us both from buying drinks. The second my feet touch the water in 3rd place we start yelling in victory together, right before I stumble and we both scream. We collapse into the shallow water while clinging to one another, causing a huge splash. We're laughing hysterically at our fail-win when we resurface.

              As everyone else, including the losing-drink-buyer Yoongi who didn't go further than a slow grandpa jog, reach the water and start splashing and messing around, I push myself to my feet and help up Ji-won.

               "You better thank me good for that, I saved you." I chuckle with a big smile. Fuck it, moments like these are more important than being petty.

              She giggles and leans on me in a side hug. "Bless your soul cuz drinks here must be hella overpriced."

               Before I can even get the chance to bask in our little hug, she pulls away way too soon and runs over to Hoseok, who's panting and talking to Jin a few yard away.

            "I BEAT YOU BITCH!!" She yells to him, punching his shoulder.

            He laughs and shoves her a little. "No, he did. Don't go taking credit." He says, jerking his head at me in an oddly friendly manner.

            "Well I high key wish you lost. It'd be so satisfying to watch you buy me drinks after you made me pay for everything at Halmeoni's last week." She says, bumping into him again. He kicks some water onto her, starting a little play fight with lots of laughing.

              Ohmyfuckinggod they still go out to dinner? What the actual literal fuck??

              I guess I'm being blinded by jealously at the moment because I don't even see Taehyung in front of me, splashing me and being followed by Jimin, laughing and not even noticing how conflicted I look. Good thing, no one has to know. I laugh and go along with them, forgetting Ji-won and focusing on my hoes. I can have a good time without her, just like she can have the fucking time of her life without me, as is being displayed currently in front of my crushed and pained soul.

                Haters will call me dramatic, but if only they knew how confused I felt right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV

                 "You top or bottom?" Ji-won asks.

             "Whichever you want baby." I reply with a wink, steping closer to her.