Chapter 55- tell me a story

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

            I shouldn't really have to ask, I already know the answer. Maybe I'm just shamefully hoping she'll lie, lie good enough to fool me temporarily. That would ease a tiny bit of guilt.

             She doesn't, but her response isn't what expected either.

           "Both of ours. Mainly mine, even. That's just how things worked out." She says, not meeting my eye. "It's fine, we still hang out a lot and we're still best friends, I don't think the jellybeans are a big deal..."

            I chuckle sheepishly, running a hand through my hair. "I usually think it's too much time, but I guess that's not fair, right?"

          She smiles and shakes her head. "It is, actually. If you had a girl best friend who you hung out with all the time, I'd go crazy."

            "Really? That could get interesting." I say, smirking. She laughs and pushes me back with a finger to my forehead.

           "Don't go befriending Sana now or some sneaky shit like that." She says.

            "Your idea, not mine." I shrug, and I laugh and flinch away when she elbows me.

            The tension floats away quickly, to our luck, and we leave the subject of Hoseok alone for now. I now walk with my arm around her waist, and we talk about random stuff as we walk for the next 5 minutes or so.

             Finally I recognize the area, and instead of continuing along the sidewalk, I turn and start walking through the grass, which leads to a bit of forestry behind the houses.

           "Where are we going?" Ji-won asks, looking around suspiciously as we step deeper down the grass trail. "I forgot we actually had a destination."

        "At your request," I remind her, grinning as I continue tugging her through the shrubbery.

       "Um, but, we're waking through a bunch of trees... there's probably a lot of bugs here." She whines, looking around cautiously.

        "If we hurry then they won't get us." I say, meeting her eyes. Her smile says she accepts the challenge, and with that, hand in hand we start running through the forest. We keep tripping and stumbling around as we do, avoiding branches and bushes, laughing and trying to keep ourselves moderately hushed even though no one will hear us.

       Finally I slow us to a stop, panting a bit and chuckling. "Not nearly as intense as our Namsan race."

        "I beat your ass so bad that day." She says, smirking cockily.

         "If we go back there one day, I'll redeem myself." I say, attempting to flick her forehead before she giggles and ducks away.

           "It was kind of a crazy night." She says, taking a couple of steps back and looking around, finally noticing and taking in our surroundings. "Woah, how come I never new about this place?" She asks, a smile spreading over her lips. It's a clearing in the forest where a calm, large creek runs through. I know about it because a bonfire party was here during the summer, when me and the guys went skinny dipping. The water only gets up to 7 or 8 feet and it's not all that cold, a nice spot I hadn't been back to since then.

           "Cuz instead of going out and exploring, you study in your room." I tease.

        "Yeah, I used to before I starting hanging out with a certain dumbass that doesn't let me focus anymore." She replies, mocking my tone. I laugh.