Chapter 27- inevitable

SONG JI-WON'S POV

          I smiled as I walked out of fourth period, when we finally got to check our midterm scores. 100%, as expected.

        I was walking to my next class, saying Hey to Jin and Namjoon as they passed by, but a minute later I heard something distant.

          "Ji-won!!" Someone was yelling, but I couldn't tell who it was since they were so far. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down the end of the hall. No one.

           "JI-WON JI-WON JI-WON!!!!!" I heard the person screaming that time. I quickly spun around to see Jungkook sprinting towards me, and I screamed too from how fast he was coming at me. I covered my face with my hands as he straight up ran into me before he could stop, almost knocking us over.

            "Oh my god!!" I yell, as I quickly grab his arms to keep from falling. We stumbled around for a moment before he grabbed my shoulders tightly and stood me upright, staring straight into my eyes.

          "JI-WON!!"

        "WHAT?!" I yell, almost a little frightened. Why are we even yelling when we're arms length away??

         "I GOT AN 89 ON MY MIDTERM!!!!!!" He screamed, a wide smile taking over his face.

         I gasped as I did the same, gripping his arms back. "YOU WHAT?!?!?"

         He started jumping up and down. "I GOT A FUCKING 89!!!!!"

          I couldn't even contain myself- we both started screaming and jumping in circles, not even caring about all the people staring. Before I could think about it, I hugged him tightly.

         "I'm so proud oh my god!! That's the best grade you've gotten this year!!"

          "In my whole life!" He scoffed happily, hugging me back and shaking around, even accidentally lifting me off the ground a little. We looked like a pair of idiots, but I was really genuinely excited for him, he's improved so much and it's barely the end of the first semester.

          He sighed with a wide grin as he pulled away and swung his arm around me as we started making our way down the hall, casually as if nothing just happened. I went back to my serious self in a matter of a second.

           "I could've been a 90." I reminded him.

        "Right, I could've done better." He said, also pulling a straight face and nodding. Lowering his voice, he added, "But you could've done better covering that up. Looks a little pasty."

         "Excuse me? I watched at least an hour's worth of tutorials last night to perfect it." I whined. "I shouldn't have to clean up after your mess anyway."

         "No one told you to." He said, smiling. I rolled my eyes, and he giggled cutely.

          I quickly glanced around to check how big of a scene we made, and there was a big crowd of people in the hall who were laughing or looking suspicious, some with their phones out that might've been recording. We just stirred up a bunch of attention and walked away, pretty funny.

         I was in a good mood for the remains of the day, but the same thought kept crossing my mind.

         It felt really damn nice to hug Jungkook in public.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV