Chapter 36- Valentine's Day fuck up

SONG JI-WON'S POV

        "You're going alright? I'm not arguing with you on this!" Haru snaps. "I'm not going to a party without you, it'll suck."

           "Haru, It'll be so freaking awkward. A Valentine's day party, out of all occasions, will be the worst. We can just stay home and watch movies and be depressed like we did before we ever went to parties." I insist. I find myself missing those days, feeling a little tired of all the popularity and craziness. I find myself missing a lot of things.

            She gets up from my rolly chair and sits next to me on my bed. "I kinda want that too, but we can't just show Jungkook and Hobi that this crushed you. Is that what you want them to think?"

            I rolled my eyes. "No, but I don't think-"

           "C'mon, you'll have fun! You'll just be with me and random people having a good time, it'll be like a break from everything. Please?"

           She looked at me with a genuinely concerned and hopeful look, like she really wants to help. How can I say no? I sigh. "Alright, tomorrow we'll go to the party."

             We decide to have a sleep over so we can get ready together tomorrow; we go to her house since she has the nicer clothes and makeup. Later that night, while she's taking a shower and I'm reading, I get a text. I close my book- this one's a biography about Guy de Maupassant, a French writer that exposed his delusion through his stories- and set it aside as I reach for my phone. Probably just my mom checking in...

               My eyes go wide when I see Hoseok's name on the screen. He hasn't sent me a single text in so long, that it now seems weird. I hesitate before opening it.

Hoseok, 11:38 pm
U going tomorrow?

             "Shit." I mutter to myself. If I tell him that I am he might want to hang out, and I'll have to be around everyone else. It's too complicated for that right now. But I can't tell him I'm not going, because he'll probably see me at one point.

Ji-won, 11:39 pm
Yeah, with Haru. U too right?

Hoseok, 11:39 pm
Yeah, see u there then :)

Ji-won, 11:40 pm
Wyd?

Hoseok, 11:40 pm
Literally nothing lmao wby

Ji-won, 11:40 pm
Haha I'm at Haru's place rn I'm staying over

Hoseok, 11:41 pm
Oh lucky lol

       And then I didn't know what to say so I didn't reply. I read over those few texts over and fucking over, and they're literally tormenting me. How is it that our friendship has downgraded to this point? It just makes me so sad, so damn sad.

           I try to go back to reading, but I can't focus on Maupassant anymore, my mind just wanders to old memories. Pathetic.

         I went to take a shower after Haru, and while I'm in there, since I'm in a sad mood, I put in some really loud, beautiful, emotional and powerful songs to make me feel even more depressed. I sing along loudly, despite Haru yelling at me to shut up.

           When I come out, I'm wrapped in a towel robe, my hair wet and messy, and I'm holding my hairbrush to my mouth as a mic, dramatically singing along to This Love by Davichi.

           I don't even care that Haru is currently face timing someone, or who it is, I carry on with my ugly performance, walking towards her as I sing/scream. Out of no where, the person on the phone starts to sing/scream along, and I recognize the voice as Hobi. Haru laughs and points the camera at me, so that Hoseok and I are facing each other.