Chapter 5- stop stealing my fries you hoe

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Okay, do you think you're finally ready?" Ji-won asks, looking deep into my eyes with a serious expression. I take a shaky breath and nod.

"I'm ready."

She got her timer out. "THREE! TWO! ONE!!!!" She pressed start.

I instantly began working furiously on the math problem, reading and processing the situation. It's already 7:15 pm, and even though that sounds early, we're both extremely exhausted, her from teaching and me from actually learning. It's been hours, but she won't let me leave until I correctly solve a problem within 5 minutes.

I worked from equation to equation, determined to beat the clock and solve the multi-step problem. I had to, otherwise I would never be let out of this prison. So, so close to freedom, I just need to find the answer...

I was practically finished, mere seconds away from solving it. I smiled as I was sure I was going to finish, but just then I heard the timer go off.

"TIMES UP!!!" Ji-won yelled. "And you're still not done."

"NO!!" I yell, standing up and throwing my textbook to the ground. "I was so fucking close! I swear to god I-"

"Jungkook, language, and don't give me excuses, you're still stupid and there's no hiding it. You can't leave yet."

I flopped down backward on her bed and groan in frustration. "You can't make me stay here this long, my parents won't let you."

"Seeing that your parents haven't even sent you a check-in text, they seem perfectly fine with it." Ji-won smiles.

"God damn, can you at least gimme my phone? For a 5 minute break??" I beg helplessly. She took it away and hid it somewhere so I would focus.

"If you can't solve a simple math problem in that time, why do you think you deserve a 5 minute break?" She snaps. Then, she sighs pitifully. "Okay, let's try another problem without the timer. Maybe if you're not pressured you'll do better."

She picks up my textbook and places it in my lap. I sit up. "Focus and really think about this one." She says as she yawns. She walks to her desk and picks up her book, reading it as I do my problem.

No matter how hard I think about the problem, I genuinely don't understand. For 3 minutes I just sit there, trying to make sense of it, but I give up. "Yah, Ji-won, I really need help. Just explain this again."

No reply. "Ji-woooonnnn, please"

She continues to read, as if I don't exist. It feels weird being ignored, because usually I'm surrounded by a crowd of people talking to me. Huh.

"Yah!" I call.
"Ji-won!"
"I need help."
"Please?"
"For fucks sake," I mutter as I stand up and walk to her. I spin her chair around so she faces me. I place my hands on either side of her and lean over her. She looks small below me, and shocked.

         I stared into her eyes for a few long seconds. I never really noticed their color, I thought they just were a simple average brown, but now that I look a bit closer, I notice they're more of a golden-caramel, almost mesmerizing to stare into. She was looking at me with a sort of confused and nervous look, it was kinda cute. Most girls would look back at me with smug and flirtatious expressions, but this was different and refreshing, in a way.

        After some silence that was surprisingly comfortable, she asks "Um, yes?"

"Did you not hear anything I just said?" I ask, leaning a bit closer for an intimidating effect. She blushes, to my satisfaction, and looks away to avoid making eye contact.