Chapter 29- christmas trip

SONG JI-WON'S POV

We "kissed", we held hands, we hugged, but he never actually asked me out. How was I ever supposed to know what this all actually meant if I didn't ask? I've been wondering the whole evening, and I'd regret it if I didn't bring it up.

"Was this a date?"
"Was this a date?"

We asked the exact same question, at the exact same time. Holy shit.

We stared at each other after the strange coincidence, staring at each other. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I chuckled out of nervousness, and he then did the same, running a hand through his hair.

"So was it?"
"You never actually asked."

We spoke at the same time again, then laughed. "You first." He said.

I cleared my throat. "You never really asked me o-out, so..."

He thought about it for a moment. "I dragged you out. Does that count?" He asked with a smirk.

I chuckled, recalling him randomly taking my hand and dragging me out of school.

"I had a good time." I said. Just then, I remembered that I was still wearing his hat. "Oh, here, before I forget." I said, taking it off and handing it to him.

He took it and placed it right back on my head again. "Keep it, you look cute."

I blushed lightly but he probably couldn't see it because of the darkness. "Thank you. My dad is waiting though."

"Right, ok." He replied, nodding. He put his hands in his pockets, probably not knowing what to do with them. Hug? Just wave? I didn't know how to say bye so I just smiled and walked back to my door. He watched me go inside, and when I went up to my room and looked out the window, I saw him finally getting in his car and drive away. He must've had something on his mind keeping him back, but he left anyway. And we never decided if it was a date or not.

I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling, smiling absently to myself. I brought my hand up to my face and gently touched my lips, causing myself to blush. I relived the scene in my head- taking those pictures, feeling all nervous, then being pulled in...

Would I have reacted differently if we weren't in public? Would I have kissed him back? A thrill had spread over my entire body when his lips met mine, even though it was short.

I opened my phone and looked through the pictures, which were really the only ones that we had together. They were cute. It occurred to me that he might want them too, so I decided to send them.

Should I?

I changed my mind back and forth for a whole 3 minutes until clicking send before I could convince myself out of it again. I shut my eyes, putting my phone aside. It's not even a big deal, why am I nervous??

I excluded the kiss picture, thinking it might be weird to send. It didn't take long for him to respond. Aish, this kid is always using his phone.

Jungkook 10:12 pm:
thanks :)

Jungkook 10:12 pm:
wheres the best one tho?? i had to muster up a lot of courage just for it

The best one?? He thought that one was the best...

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I sent him the kiss picture. Muster up courage... at least he was nervous too and it wasn't just me.