Chapter 19- kiss cam

NARRATION

There's a fine line between confusion and denial, but the two are drastically different. It started with genuine confusion, and then it gradually transformed into denial, and in the coming weeks after the Halloween party, internal admittance took place.

Jungkook was the first to come to the realization.

He had wondered why he and Sana broke up, and soon discovered that it was really about Ji-won. Jealously. Feelings. He had wondered why he pulled Ji-won to sleep next to him that night, or why he always flirted with her, or why he looked forward to tutoring or why he found excuses to go talk to her.

Denial was pointless, wasn't it? When the answer was so obvious, even Jungkook wasn't stupid enough to remain oblivious to his own feelings.

He liked Ji-won, and he liked her a lot.

It was a difficult thing to admit, after such a strong belief of the opposite for such a long time. How did things change so quickly? Was this for the better or for the worse??

He felt bad, since he knew his good friend, best friend even, also felt that way. Probably stronger than he did. But Jungkook was a greedy person, and he just didn't feel bad enough.

He had fun around Ji-won, and he felt things he hadn't felt with other people. Butterflies. Attraction. Isn't it unfair that he would have to give that up for someone else? What made Hoseok more worthy of it than him?

His final decision was not to make a move. He wasn't sure if Ji-won even liked him back- though it really seemed like it half the time- and he didn't want to create problems with Jhope. He would continue to flirt and hang out and have fun with Ji-won just like always- not giving her up but not taking her away. Staying safe.

A cowardly choice, one that wasn't going to prove rewarding, but in the moment Jungkook had felt brilliant, coming to such a selfless decision.

And yet it continued to bother him, Ji-won was always in the back of his mind, and he couldn't help but wonder if they would ever be more than "safe."

Ji-won's internal conflict was a bit more complicated.

She had admitted to liking Hoseok some time ago, but unusual feelings for her student started surfacing even before that- she just never realized.

Jungkook has a strong affect on her, even if no one thought so. The truth is, Jungkook was really what pushed her to the edge. Hoseok has always tried to get Ji-won to open herself up to people, but that never worked out.

And yet how easily did Jungkook get Ji-won to cuss? Dye her hair? Be more confident? Almost instantaneously compared to her best friend. This was something that Ji-won realized and considered, bringing long, stressful hours of thought to come into play.

She felt similar things around Hoseok and Jungkook. The butterflies, the heart racing, the feeling of simply wanting to be around that person.

But as well as those were big differences that changed perspectives.

With Jungkook, she felt like someone else- perhaps a better, flirtier, more confident version of herself- and she liked who that person was. It was someone she could only be with Jungkook, a part of her that didn't surface with just anyone. He made her feel nervous in a way that left her wanting more.

With Hoseok, she felt entirely like herself, her true self, all the good and bad aspects and everything in between was laid out in front of her when she was with him. She felt entirely comfortable, in a way that you can only feel with someone you truly love and care for. She loved that feeling- not having to try harder because he loved her the way she was.