Chapter 32- lockscreen

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV

         I was saying goodbye to all my friends, bro hugging and already making vague plans for later in winter break. Everyone is putting their stuff together and getting their suitcases ready. Me and Ji-won just shared one so it wasn't hard to finish. She was in the bathroom cleaning herself up.

          The first group that carpooled left, and the people who were left were me, Ji-won, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Taehyung.

At the moment I was the only person in the living room, while everyone else was getting their stuff from other rooms. I noticed Jungkook's phone lying near his suitcase on the counter. He'll be back to get it soon for sure, since he practically never lets it go.

My mind goes back to Ji-won's shocked and worried reaction when she saw his lock screen. Maybe he hasn't changed it yet? This honestly was me just being snoopy, though none of my business, and I knew this might be the only chance I'd get to see it.

         What the hell, it's just a peek. I decide, walking over and simply clicking the home button.

          The screen lights up, and my mouth falls slightly open when I see the picture.

         All I can do is stare with my eyebrows furrowed for a long time as a million thoughts corse through my mind. When the screen darkens I light it up again.

          What the hell?

          It had to be recent- they were wearing jackets saying that it's already winter, and if it happened a long time ago it would've been too random to put it there now.

          So it's probably from after I confessed to her.

        She wouldn't though, Ji-won's never been the person to play around, ever. But it's right in front of me, it's not like it's fucking fake.

          She didn't even have the decency to tell me?

          They were kissing for a picture, hanging out at Namsan alone. That's spells a date. But this is so unlike her, if she was gonna get with him she would've cleared it up with me first, I know it. There has to be another explanation to it.

         But that honestly doesn't change the fact that they were kissing, and she seems perfectly calm about it. I've known that she's confused, and that she has feelings for the both of us, but this is taking it too far. It's practically like she's dating two people.

          I chuckle bitterly and drop the phone on the counter, feeling a sharp pain in my chest as I bit my lip. Does it mean that they're together? Does it mean that she likes him more? Or is she just fucking with the both of us, enjoying all the "conflict"?

         It hurts to have those kind of thoughts about her, but I'm ignoring the fact that we're best friends at the moment, because I'm just pissed. It's not even just me, I know for a fact that Jungkook doesn't know what happened at the lake. She's hiding just as much from him.

         If that happened a short while ago, then what could've happened while they were lost together in that shed?

        I shut my eyes and lean against the wall. I shut them tighter, finally retreating to the bathroom before anyone can see me.

          The second the door closes I open my eyes and see them watering in the mirror.

         It's pathetic, but I can't help it. We were getting close to a relationship, I knew it, things were getting better.