Chapter 56- acceptance letters

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV

"JI-WON WAIT UP!!" I call to her while laughing in a nervous excitement. She was running ahead of me, and we were both heading to my house after school.

"HURRY UP THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!" She screams back, not slowing down for me. I'm forced to start running after her, and we sprint the last block to my house while giggling and flinging our backpacks around. It reminds me of when we were in elementary school, and we ran home after school to catch our shows on time. Except now, something much more important awaits at home.

"The letter isn't going anywhere, you know." I pant a chuckle when we reach my front door. She ignores me and just tries to hide the excited grin on her face. Her leg bounces and she plays with her thumbs. "Jesus, you're more nervous than me." I say, although on the inside I feel like I'm standing on the end of a cliff.

"I'm sorry, I'm just, we've just..." She takes a breath for a moment to calm herself a bit and collect her words. I smile at her enthusiasm. "We've been waiting for the moment since we were little kids, opening our acceptance letters. We fantasized about sharing a dorm and having all our classes together, working part time together, living the college life..." She rambles, looking me right in the eye. She sighs, happily and sadly at once. "I just can't believe it's happening so soon. We're all grown up."

I stare at her for a few moments and blurt the honest truth. "I'm terrified."

"Don't be." She says, taking my hand and squeezing it. "I'm 10000% sure you got in."

Not for acceptance, idiot. I'm terrified for the future, for losing you.

I take a deep breath and smile, and we both burst out laughing at what a nervous wreck we are. I finally open the door and we walk inside, and I'd be lying if I said my knees weren't shaking.

Just like my mom had said on the phone when she excitedly called me during class, there was a stack of mail on the kitchen's island. Ji-won and I sprint there, stumbling together as we practically collapse into the kitchen. My heart was beating faster than lightning mcfuckingqueen, and we rapidly look through all the envelopes, looking for the right one. When I hear her gasp so loud like she's been shot, I know she found it.

She stuck her hand up, holding the letter in the air. "IT HAS YOUR NAME ON IT! THIS IS THE ONE!!!!" She screams horribly.

"Shut the fuck up the neighbors are gonna call the cops!" I yell, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her to her senses.

"OPEN IT HOBI OPEN IT!!!!" She continues screeching, shoving it in my face and bouncing more.

My hands are shaking as I take it from her, and she crosses her arms, biting her lip, attempting to contain herself. I stare at the letter for a few long seconds. I look up at Ji-won, and we lock eyes, sharing a moment of hopefulness. We nod at the same time, and with a deep breath, I rip the seal.

Sweat is added to the shakiness in my hands and it's difficult for me to get the letter open. Once I do, Ji-won moves to stand next to me and we read together.

𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴, 𝘑𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘏𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘰𝘬, 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘭. 𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘧 20xx.