Chapter 10- a kiss

SONG JI-WON'S POV

The hell am I blushing so much for???

All he did was call me pretty. That's it.

It's not even a big deal. At all.

Then why the fuck do I have to have this annoying blush on my face and feeling in my stomach? And it won't go away!

One minute Hoseok is messing with me, and I feel it.

The next, Jungkook says something and it's slightly back, and it's starting to get uncomfortable. Why can't I just be normal again? Why do I have to be thinking of this shit all the time? A few weeks ago my only problems and worries were getting good grades, and that wasn't even difficult.

I try to push all these dumb thoughts out of my head as I go back to Hobi. He's talking to some man with a smile- how I long for those social skills. The man leaves just as I arrive.

"Whoa, why is your face all red? Are you feeling ok?" He asks, instantly noticing. I want so badly to roll my eyes. God damn it, blood, get the hell out of my cheeks.

"I bet it was the drink you spiked finally taking its affect." I say, smirking despite my current annoyed state with myself. Hobi didn't do anything wrong so I can't be gloomy.

He didn't do anything wrong besides looking too damn cute with that bow tie.

          "Oh no, I made it too strong!" He exclaimed. "You'll probably pass out sooner or later."

          I pretended to stumble on my feet. "Ah, I already feel dizzy!" I say, leaning to the side.

          Hoseok slips his hand around my waist to keep me from falling and grinned down at me. "Quit it before people really think I got you drunk."

         For the next hour and a half, we wander around the party, judging people's dresses, eating the cheese and crackers from tables we pass, and dancing a lot more than I expected. I was nervous the first time we slow danced, but gradually got used to it and the feeling slipped away.

          But not the magic of it.

          I hadn't slow danced before tonight, and there's a sort of romantic, calming vibe to it. It's nice to know I had my first slow dance with Hoseok.

          There was some more upbeat songs where we could twirl with faster foot steps and sing along. We laughed a lot, and I messed up a lot, but it was a great time. I'm sure Hobi felt the same way because the grin never left his lips.

         We passed most of the big crowd, wandering around some more, and we came to a more isolated area of the building. There was only a few people lingering here, having quiet conversations. There was a long mirror on the wall and a few seats on the other end for people to rest. Hobi pulled out his phone and put his arm around my waist, pulling me to him.

         Without exchanging any words of explanation, we smiled and took some mirror selfies. One with his arm around my waist, another around my shoulder, another wear I stood on my tiptoes to hug his shoulders.

         Then some stupid ones- He laughed as he squished my cheeks with one hand and made me look like a fish, and one where I did the same to him. They were cute.

         These pictures weren't for the adults to post on Facebook or frame, these were just for us.

         As we were checking the selfies to see if they turned out nicely, I smirked as I zoomed in on his fish-face. "That's your new contact photo."