Chapter 39- viagra

SONG JI-WON'S POV

               We laughed as we walked, and he rested his hand on my shoulder, like old friends. It's amazing how quickly we went from not-even-friends to mostly comfortable and chill.

               I don't move his hand, not wanting to make things weird. I'm being very careful with that right now. I'm just trying to be friendly, but not fake.

              It feels good to be with him again though, relieving. That is, until his gentle grip on my shoulder tightens, and it seems like something is off.

               "Jungkook..?" I ask hesitantly, turning to look at him. "You okay?"

             He shakes his head. "Nothing, I'm just a little dizzy. It's fine."

              But then he stumbles and grips my arm tighter for balance. I gasp. "Jungkook really, you have to be sick. You've been sneezing a lot and now you're dizzy." I say, getting really concerned. I lift my hand to touch his forehead. "Oh my god, you're burning up!" I exclaim.

             He sneezes again before moving my hand back to my side. "I'm fine Ji-won." He assures me. I shake my head.

            "No no no, we're going back to your place." I demand. "Are you're parents even home?"

            He hesitates and his gaze gets a tiny bit more serious when I ask this. "Um, they'll be gone for around a week, left yesterday..."

            "Jesus, that's long. Business trip?" I ask, wondering why his parents would leave him on his own for so much time.

              He avoids my gaze. "It's not that..."

              I then understand that it's probably something very personal, given his hesitation. I change the subject. "Well yeah, I can't just let you be on your own when you're sick. I'll just take us to your house."

He stops arguing with me. We don't talk on the drive home because he looks like he's trying to sleep, his breathing heavy.

When we get to his house I help him inside. He leans on me a little with one arm around my shoulders. Then we slowly walk upstairs, and it's a pretty funny process of bumping around and leaning all over each other to get to his room. I think he's exaggerating how dizzy he is just to mess with me.

             We reach his room and he's about to collapse on his bed, but I grab his arm to stop him. "Jungkook no!"

             He looks at me with sleep in his eyes. "What?" Damn, he must be exhausted by now.

              "You can't just lay in bed with the same clothes that you were out of the house with, you'll get germs all over your sheets."

             He furrows his eyebrows and stares at me. "Are you kidding? You literally sound like my fucking grandma."

              "Well, just change really quickly."

            "I'm tired, you do it."

             I choke on the air I'm breathing. "N-no! That's weird."

          He lifts up his arms, as if telling me to take his shirt off. My face heats up. "I'm waiting and my arms are getting tired." He says impatiently.

              I hesitate one more time, and just out of sheerly feeling bad for him, I walk over and grab the hem of his shirt. I don't miss the small smirk that has formed on his lips in victory, and I feel incredibly embarrassed as I pull it over his head.