Chapter 44- beach walk

SONG JI-WON'S POV

           The second we're out of our group atmosphere, not even 4 yards away, I sort of panic. I can't be alone with him, we're not even talking right now... "Ah, yeah let's go back it's too cold over here," I say quickly, instantly turning around. Before I can even step away though, Jungkook chuckles and grabs my wrist, pulling me right back to him. Goosebumps form instantly.

                   "Chill, it's just a small breeze." He says, his tone sweet in a way. He lets go of my wrist and puts his arm around me, his warm hand gently gripping my forearm. It arouses endless butterflies in my stomach, yet helps all the same. "Any better?" He asks, looking down at me. I smile lightly and let myself lean into him. I guess it's not so bad...

                     "Jungkook..." I say quietly, glancing around us, a sudden pang of fear striking me from earlier. "It's pretty dark."

                I feel him smirking. "You think maybe the same demon that possessed Ms. Lee is hiding in any of these shadows?"

              "Stop it!" I snap, hitting his chest and getting closer to him at the same time, my eyes darting around nervously. He laughs, now embracing me with both arms, wrapping them around my shoulders and over my collarbone.

               He lowers his head so that his lips almost meet my ear, and while he's back hugging me, he whispers "but what if it's me?"

               I shriek and instantly try to push him away, but he just giggles and holds onto me even tighter. It turns into a little war of me trying to escape him. We stumble around while laughing and yelling for a couple seconds, before we both trip into the sand. I roll out of his arms and onto my back, and we pant while chuckling for a few moments, not bothering to get up yet. His grin reaches his eyes as he looks at me. Even in the dark, his gaze makes me feel so special.

He looks thoughtful as he stares at me, and I wonder what he's thinking. After a few more moments, he pushes himself up with a sigh, and then offers me a hand too. We continue walking.

This time he casually rests his hand on my waist. "Do you think there's actually something going on with Haru and Yoongi?" He asks, smirking a little.

I bite my lip and think for a second. "I kinda do... that old lady was pretty convincing for me." But as I say it, he smoothly starts toying with the hem of the T-shirt I'm wearing. It instantly sends goosebumps up my spine, but I pretend not to notice.

"You think we should really give them some privacy?" He asks, cocking his head to the side as he looks down at me. I keep my gaze forward out of unnatural nervousness.

"I don't know, it might be kind of awkward if they got together." I say.

His thumb grazes against my skin under my shirt, close to the top of my bikini bottom. "Well, you want them both to be happy right?" He asks, a little quieter. Suddenly, it feels like this conversation has a double meaning, like so many others we've had.

"Of course I do." I reply, cautious of what I say. My heart's beating too fast, and I don't even know why.

"So you'd get past the awkwardness at first so she can be happy, right?" He asks.

I hesitate before replying. "I guess it sounds selfish," I say with a light chuckle. "But I'd come in second. Just the side best friend, you know? She'd hang out with him more, call him more, ignore me a little more..." I say, hoping he sort of understands what I'm saying. I can't do that to Hoseok.