Chapter 22- permanently

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV

"A rash hm?" I asked Ji-won, trying to sound lighthearted, when I was actually extremely suspicious.

"Yup. It's itchy." She replied simply, acting natural. We were walking home from school, and I couldn't stop staring at the slightly red spot on her neck that she attempted to cover up. I didn't notice at the beginning of the day, but after Jungkook mentioned it at lunch...

Something was definitely going on.

"Uhuh." I muttered sarcastically, feeling down. She side glanced me.

"Don't believe me?" She asked.

"Why do you feel like you have to lie to me? You never did before." I said, looking away, pain hitting me.

She stopped walking, and I turned around to face her again. She was biting her lip, looking guilty but trying not to show it. We stared at each other.

"I'm sorry." She said softly. The way she bit her lip, it seemed like she might start crying, instantly making me feel bad. What I said must've hit her hard.

"It's fine, I just don't want you to." I said, sighing and walking over to her, hugging her. Her chest tightened, and I knew she was really gonna start tearing up.

"I just... I really can't explain..." She stammered. "It's not what it looks like, I swear. I'm not lying this time."

I wanted to believe her, but found it so difficult to. What else could it have been that wasn't what it seems? It hurt me how she couldn't tell me everything anymore.

After a few seconds, I finally, pulled away but kept my arm around her. "It's fine, I understand."

I guess I have competition now, it's time to be more serious about what I want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

Ji-won didn't talk to me much the next day, only when necessary, and my mark was starting to fade away. Today after school we had tutoring, so I had to take the chance and make conversation with her.

We were walking to her house in silence when other students were around. However, once we were away from school, halfway to her house and no one else was around, she stood directly in front of me to block my path, looking pissed.

"You were being a dick at lunch yesterday." She said. Ouch.

"You can't actually be mad when I warned you. You brought it upon yourself." I replied, half smiling.

She groaned loudly, getting even angrier with me. "You can't just do things like that! You can't just mess with me like I'm a toy so you can enjoy making me fucking miserable! I don't know about you, but I don't want people knowing about what you did. Especially not Hoseok, and now he knows something happened and I can't explain and-"

"Ji-won." I said, taking a step towards her, interrupting her rant. She stepped back. I cocked my head to the side. "You think I see you as a toy?"

"I mean, it seems like that half the time." She muttered, not meeting my eye.

I chuckled lightly. "I've seen you in a lot of different ways, but that's not one of them." She didn't answer me, so I continued walking and talking, as she followed. "You're really cute, you know. Is it my fault that I can't help messing with you every once in a while?" I asked playfully, walking backwards to face her.