Chapter 45- ass smack

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

"OKAY GUYS GET INTO TEAMS OF TWO!!" Jimin screams at the top of his lungs. It's our second day of break, and we're back at the beach. It pleasantly seems like we can't stay away from the bikinis and water. Everyone starts scrambling to get a partner, and before anyone can even look at her, I jump over and grab Ji-won's arm, yanking her backward toward me.

                She gasps in shock as she's slammed into my chest, and we both stumble backward. "You're my partner!" I announce while laughing once we're balanced.

               Before she can even reply, I see Haru glaring at me. "Fuck you Jungkook, always snatching my boo." She snaps. "HOSEOK I CLAIM YOU!"

                 Ji-won looks at me with a worried expression though. "Um, I'm not sure if we should work together..."

              I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?"

             "The team who makes the best sand castle wins." She says.

                 "I know. And?" I reply, still confused.

                She snorts a laugh. "And you're not good with crafty stuff, or fragile stuff, or teamwork stuff, or timed stuff-"

                 "I'm not good with anything okay! We'll make it work, since at least you're here." I retort.

               She gasps. "Oh I get it! You're using me to win, you bastard!"

              "No! It's not like tha-"

             "ANDDDD GOOOOOOOO!!!!" Jimin suddenly screams, thankfully interrupting us. We waste no more time arguing and instantly claim the nearest flat area of sand, spreading out our supplies.

               "Always take the approach of a large base with excessive small additions rather than large separated parts- it's faster to build and ends up looking better despite simpler structure." She rapidly explains, and I'm lost by the second word, but I'm nodding along with a focused expression anyway.

               "Do you think we should do dome, pyramid, or hexahedron?" She asks in a serious tone.

                "The fuck?"

              "JUNGKOOK SNAP OUT OF IT!!" She screams at me. "We only have 11 minutes and 47 seconds to make a fucking masterpiece! Just go get the water!!!"

                I'm actually scared as I grab our big bucket and sprint to the shore. It's such an intense side of her that rarely comes out, like whenever she's super pissed after I do something stupid. I mean, it's happened a handful of times... but still, it's intimidating and amusing all the same.

                  I fill the bucket and sprint back with agility, and once I get to our base only half of the water spilled out. Better than I expected. Ji-won looks adorably frustrated as she moistens the sand and starts to pile a dome-like structure of sand, hands working quickly and neatly. I watch in awe.

                  "Don't just sit and stare at me! Help!" She demands fiercely. The prize is literally just fried chicken, how cheap is she?

                  I snap to attention anyway and add sand in an attempt to participate. I end up sort of ruining it and she slaps my hands away.

               "Oh my god never mind, go collect a shit ton of seashells!" She directs. I sigh with relief, since that's obviously easier than the architectural gold she's working on. I sprint out to the shore once again and get to work. I catch many little kids laughing and pointing at me, probably thinking in their tiny 5-year-old minds what the hell is that dumbass senior doing collecting seashells? Ha, what a lonely fucker. I would flip them all off, but their cute squishy faces stop me, and also the fact that they remind me of myself.