Chapter 54- lala land

SONG JI-WON'S POV

"Hey dad, did you take down the..." my voice trails off as I reach the bottom of the stairs and see Jungkook and my father having a chat, of some sort. Jungkook's head snaps toward me when he hears my voice, and his eyes go wide with panic. I clear my throat, trying to ignore the strong tension in the room."The laundry?" I ask, continuing normally. What were they talking about? My dad's hand is even on his shoulder...

"Yes, a bit earlier. Why are you down here?" He asks, slowly bringing his hand down to his side.

"Just to get some water." I mutter, glancing back and forth between the two of them, trying not to look too confused and curious. There's a few long seconds of uncomfortable silence.

My father clears his throat this time. "Well, I'll be heading upstairs to get some rest. You two should be sleeping soon as well, separately..." he grunts, and I struggle not to visibly cringe.

"Goodnight." I say, leaning to kiss him on the cheek. He gives us one last suspicious look before walking upstairs. Jungkook and I don't dare to say a word until we hear his bedroom door close. We sigh simultaneously.

"Jesus, you saved me." Jungkook says, flopping backward onto the couch in relief.

"What were you two talking about?" I ask, plopping down next to him in the small bit of space left.

"It was the scariest 2 minutes of my life." He said, turning to face me. I stare back at him, urging him to continue. "He asked if I was in a relationship with his daughter."

My eyes instantly widen. "Did you tell him??"

"No, you walked in just on time. But, he's probably gonna ask again soon... what do I say?"

"No, obviously." I snort. "You think he'll be okay with us?"

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows a bit, looking a bit offended. "Okay, well he said he didn't like nor tolerate liars. He's gonna see right through me and hate me more than he already does."

"He has no proof of it, so there's nothing he can do." I say dismissively. "Just swear you won't tell him. Please." I say, looking at him seriously, more a demand than a request.

He sighs. "Alright. But for the record, you're 18, an adult already. It shouldn't be their business if you date anyone or not, this isn't middle school."

"I know. I wish it was that simple. Once I go to college I'll have some more freedom..." I say, my voice trailing off as I realize that the future is not something I want to discuss. I snuggle up closer to him to distract away from the subject, placing my cheek on his chest and my leg over his. He hugs me for a minute as I become all to comfortable, and in that time I completely forget that I need to sleep in my own bed.

"What if your dad sees?" Jungkook asks out of no where, lightly playing with my hair.

I chuckle. "He really brings everything down, huh?"

"Well..." Jungkook says thoughtfully. "What if he couldn't see us?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He shifts up to a sitting position, as do I, and he smirks lightly at me. "What if we left so he wouldn't be able to see us?"

I snort and cover my mouth after, trying to keep my laughing quiet. "Yeah, as if getting caught cuddling isn't worse than getting caught sneaking out."