Chapter 42- petty bitches

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV

All 9 of us pile into a van where we'll spend the next two and a half hours cramped and restless as hell. I would've been excited, except when we all got in, Hoseok and Haru snagged both spots next to Ji-won in the very back, and I'm stuck driving. I couldn't be further from her, and Yoongi next to me is being emo and listening to music on his earbuds, so I don't even have a talking buddy.

The worst and most torturous part of all of this though, is that I'm forced to watch Ji-won and Hoseok have fun together, competing while playing some connected game on their phones.

"I'm beating your sorry ass so good." Ji-won laughs maniacally, while Hoseok's eyes furrow in concentration.

"Just barely, you wait and see, I'll catch up."

"WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID YOU-"

"TOLD YOU BITCH I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING MASTER AT THIS!"

"GOD DAMN IT!!" She yells in frustration as the level obviously ends, throwing her phone and the floor of the car. Hoseok is laughing wildly.

He puts his arm around her shoulders and pulls her into a side hug, as some sort of peace offering, and pats her head with his other hand. "Don't feel bad, it was a mistake challenging me in the first place." She glares and tries to shove him away, and they end up getting into a small play fight, and she cracks a smile and giggles some, her angry failure already slipping away.

I sigh with annoyance in my seat, forcing my eyes away from them. They're just friends, everything ended with them now... I keep telling myself. In truth, I'll never really know what's going on in her head.

Since the first day I asked to now, we sat on the roof together at lunch 4 times. Just us. We would talk and laugh and she would never watch herself because no one else was around. We'd walk and play around. On the 4th day we even took the slight risk of sitting with our legs dangling over the edge of the building, but it could all be a friendly act. I wish I could know.

I really think I'm the happiest when we're alone together. But I doubt she feels the same way, considering that she's laughing her ass off with Hoseok right now. Another sigh.

We stop at a gas station, and everyone gets out to go to the bathroom or buy snacks, and they all decide to leave me to duty of filling the tank. I swear all of them hate me or something.

Ji-won is about to walk away with the rest, talking to Haru about something, when I call her name.

"Ji-won!" I yell, and she turns to look at me. "Wait with me." I tell her.

She snorts a laugh. "No, I wanna get candy."

"Haru can buy you candy! I don't wanna be all alone." I whine.

She rolls her eyes, giving in and walking over. Haru and the rest head in without her. She leans on the car as I start to fill it up. "The poor baby's scared to be lonely, how sad." She teases, smirking a little. I shake my head with a low chuckle.

"You brought the bikini I bought you, right?" I randomly ask, the question popping into my mind.

She blushes lightly and crosses her arms. "And what if I brought a one-piece?"

I cock my head to the side and sigh. "That would be incredibly disappointing."

She smacks my arm lightly and looks away, embarrassed. "Well fine, lucky for you I brought the bikini."