Part seven

Maddison's p.o.v

James pushed past Ethan and walked out the bathroom as Ethan released the rest of the glass that was clenched in his hand. He walked over to the tap and began washing his hand under it. I quickly wiped away my tears then stood up.

"thank you." I said.

"It's the least I could do." He said as I pulled shards of glass out of his hand "shit..." he winced in pain and clenched his fist

I quickly walked over and grabbed his hand. "Don't put pull them out so fast, your just going to make it worse" I said as he relaxed his hand. My dad was a doctor, I remember him teaching me what to do in a sorts of situations.

My hand was wrapped round his wrist as I help him remove the glass from his hand. The look of the blood washing down the sink reminded me of when I hurt myself. He quickly yanked his hand out of my grip and rushed over to the toilet to throw up.

"I-uh-I'm gonna go get Grayson." I said, as I walked to the bathroom door.

I was very confused as to why he wasn't trying to hurt me, or why he stopped James from hurting me. But I just thought it was because he was very drunk.

"No! Don't. He told me this was going to happen." He said as he lifted his head up from the toilet seat.

"What did he tell you would happen?" I asked

"Don't worry. I'm just gonna drive home." He said as he stood up.

"Don't be so stupid. Your drunk, therefore your not driving, plus your hand is all messed up. There's no way I'm letting you drive." I said. And to be honest, I was shocked by my sudden kind actions.

"Why do you care?" He says bluntly. "For all I know you would be happy if I were dead, so jet let me drive." He says as he watches the blood drip of the tips of his fingers.

I quickly grabbed a hand towel and wrapped it around his hand, securing it in place with a hair tie that was in my purse.

"I'll drive you home" I said as he stood up. We began walking out the bathroom but he kept tripping over his own feet. I grabbed his arm and pulled it over my shoulder to help support him as we walked to my car.
"Why am I doing this?"  I asked myself

"Why do I all of a sudden care so much for his health, like...I helped him get glass out of his hand, even though he didn't help get glass out of my arms and legs when he pushed me through the glass door. For all I know, he doesn't give two shits about me. And now I'm helping him home safely." I thought as I helped him into my car. I looked back at the party before getting into the drivers seat and starting the car.

The car ride was pretty silent, he didn't say much and neither did I. He kinda just looked out the window the whole time.

"Thank you" He said as I pulled into our street.

"No. I should be the one saying thank you." I said quickly. "Thank you for stopping James."

"You're welcome" He said "shit. Grayson has the keys"

My heart dropped. I panicked as I didn't want him staying in my house. "What if he wakes up sober and hurts me" I thought

"Uhh. Do you not have a spare key hidden somewhere?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"No..."

"You can sleep on my sofa, I'll wake you up when I see Grayson get back." I said as we pulled up my driveway.

We both got out of the car and walked to my door. Ethan was Basically tripping over his own feet. He was so drunk. "Did he only stop James because he was extremely drunk and didn't notice it was me?" I thought as I unlocked my door.