Part fifty

(Maddison's p.o.v.)

My leg taps against the floor and my fingers fiddle with the ring on my finger as we wait for Ethan to come out the first aid hut. They made me sit down because apparently 'I looked too panicked.'.  Grayson was sitting with me while the others were standing behind us.

"I don't get it." I say, looking at Grayson. "He didn't say that he felt ill o-or anything."

"He will be okay. Trust me. Ethan rarely ever gets sick..." Grayson assured me. "But he hasn't ever passed out. Not since I threw a baseball at his head when we were young."

I sigh, looking back down my hands as I wait. "Okay." I hear a male voice say. I look up and see an older male doctor walking out with his arm around Ethan's torso, supporting him as they walked towards us. "We checked him through, there were no common or obvious signs of any drug use, we believe that it could have been a rapid drop in blood pressure. However we do not have the equipment in this hut to do a full check on his system, so if you do feel as though there is something seriously wrong, you should probably take him to you're local doctors or hospital." He told us. My eyes didn't come off of Ethan the whole time the man spoke. He just looked completely drained and tired.

"Thank you." Grayson says to the doctor as he pulled Ethan's shaking hands over his shoulder, supporting his body. We walk away slowly, returning to the group.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" Emily questioned as soon as we reached them.

Grayson looked at her, and then back at him. "Ethan, We should probably take you to the hos-"

"No. I just wanna go back to the hotel and sleep." He cut him off quickly as we walked. Grayson was practically dragging Ethan's half asleep body away from the hut. "You guys can stay." He said, signalling for them to walk back to the stage area. His hands were shaking and his eyes were squinting.

"What? Don't be ridiculous. We're coming back with you." Amelia said as we continued walking to the parking lot. Grayson was on his phone ordering an Uber.

"You guys spent your money on this. Nate's dad even booked up a jet." Ethan snapped slightly. He stopped walking and took a deep breath before speaking again. "The whole reason I didn't tell you I felt ill was to prevent this. So go have fun. I just wanna be left alone." He said honestly.

"Just go. He just wants to be alone." I tell them. "I'll walk to the Uber with them and catch up to you guys in a minute." I say as I walk to catch up with Grayson and Ethan, who had already started walking away.

"The Uber should be her any time now." Grayson said as we approach the parking lot. A sudden coldness embraces my hand, and immediately knew it was Ethan. A car pulls up in front of us and Grayson pulls open the door, allowing Ethan to climb in slowly. His grip on my hand doesn't loosen as he gently pulls into the back of the car with him. Ethan slumps back in his chair, laying his head on the window and I sit next to him, cuddled into his shivering body. Grayson's eyebrows furrow as he's about to shut the door.

"You can go back with your friends." Ethan's says before he could shut the door. "Go have fun for once in your life." He laughs weakly.

"Are you sure? Are you going to be okay?" Grayson questioned. He grabbed the key from his pocket and passed it to me.

"I'll be fine. Plus, I have Maddison here."

Grayson nods and shuts the door, and I watch as he jogs back to the group. The driver asked for our destination and I told him the name of the hotel we were staying at. I wait for the Man to start driving and playing music to speak.

"I thought you wanted to be alone." I ask, watching him struggle to buckle up his seat belt.

"I do." He said.