Part 10

Maddison's p.o.v

The smile on my face grew bigger as my old friend wrapped his welcoming arms around my small body. I could sense that he was smiling too, even though I couldn't see his face.

Oscar was an old friend, he was a year older than me tho. his parents worked at the campsite, so whenever I came down here with my grandparents, he was always there too. Sadly, we lost contact when my father passed away. my nan refused to talk to us; she said I reminded her of him.

"How have you been?!" Oscar asked as we pulled away from the hug

"Good, I guess!" I sorta lied. "When was the last time I saw you?!"

I was quick to change the subject, as I didn't want to talk about how I felt.

"I don't know, like... five years ago!!" He said as he came and sat near me.

"Wow! I'm surprised you even recognised me." I said as I stared lifelessly into the fire.

"Yeah, well you look the same, plus your wearing your dads top that you used to wear when you were younger. I remember I used to make fun of it!" He Laughed.

I never quite understood why he made fun of my top, he just did. It was a white top that had some band logo. I'm pretty sure the logo was "pink floyd". Maybe he just made fun of it because it's like a dress on me.

"So, what are you doing down here then?" I questioned, even though it was pretty obvious he worked here, judging by his clothes.

"Well, my grandfather retired from the cafe, so I offered to sign up to help !" I said as he prodded sticks into the fire.

The fire illuminated our small camp area. It's colourful flames we shining bright.

"Maddddisonn?!" I heard a playful voice call out my name, followed by a few laughs. I turned my head towards the path to see Amelia with her arm wrapped Around Grayson. It looked like he was dragging her, but nothing seemed to be wrong.

"I'm gonna go, my girlfriend will be waiting for me at the hut." Oscar told me as he pulled me into a hug before walking away.

I turned my attention back to Amelia and Grayson (who were a lot closer to the camp now).

"What happened?" I questioned as I walked up to them.

"Amelia decided to take a few beers down to the lake. Turns out she drank one too many." He laughed while looking down at her and smiling. His arms were wrapped around her torso.

"I. Did. Not!" Amelia objected while waving her finger around in the sky.

"Yes! Yes you did!" Grayson laughed.

I went and sat back down by the fire as Amelia walked into our tent. I turned my head and looked up at Grayson, he was just standing doing nothing.

"What?!" He asked "stop looking at me like a parent who just found out there child got a bad exam score!"

He came and sat next on the other side of the roaring fire.

"So. Amelia huh?!" I said as I wiggles my eyebrows at him.

"NO! Don't just assume." He said, blushing.

"I'm just saying, you'd be cute together!" I winked at him.

"Your just jealous!" He said as he started grinning like a child

"Jealous of what?!" I questioned as I shifted in my seat with a grin forming on my lips.

"Jealous of me liking Ameli-" he blurted out before coving his mouth.

"I KNEW IT!!" I yelled as I jumped up off my seat. He was blushing so much and I could see him smiling.