Part sixty one.

(Maddison's p.o.v)

"I just don't understand why he would ask you that." Ethan said, clearly frustrated by the situation. He ran his hands through his hair as he looked out the passenger side window.

"Ethan, He was high. He told me that he wasn't, but I could tell that he was." I assure him, keeping my eyes on the road ahead of me.

"So what? That doesn't give him an excuse to ask to kiss you." He sighed. "Why didn't you tell me when it happened?" He asked

"Because I didn't want you to get mad at him." I told him. "It's not that big of a deal."

"I'm not mad at him. I understand if he was high. I mean... look at you! Who wouldn't wanna kiss you." He said, smiling over at me. "I just wish you would have told me." He looked down.

"I'm sorry."

Nate asked to kiss me on Friday. It was now Sunday. Thankfully, after Nate asked me, the doorbell rang, and the pizza delivery came, and neither of us said a word about what he said. That's why I didn't tell Ethan, because it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Now. My next question is...where are you taking me?" He asked, looking out the car window are the dark sky.

"You'll find out soon. We are almost there." I smile, keeping both hands on the wheel as I turn the corner.

"Ugh, that's not fair." He groans, crossing his arms over his body like a child.

"You didn't tell me where you were taking me when you last took me on a date." I object

"That date was the best." He said. I could feel him looking at me, even though my eyes were on the road ahead of me.

"Why?" I ask

"Oh, you know why." He grinned, placing his hand on my thigh. His comment made me laugh as I thought back to that date on the hill top. He doesn't take his hand off me, he just leaves it there in a comforting way. "You look beautiful by the way, yellow looks good on you." He tells me

"Thank you." I blushed, immediately feeling self conscious for some reason. "You look great too," I told him.

 "You look great too," I told him