Part thirty six

(Maddison's p.o.v)
Friday night

The tall stands were filled with an ocean of red and yellow colours, each supporting our schools football team. Red and yellow is the colour our schools gym kit, also the schools representative colours. On the other side was a small amount of blues and white, rooting for the opposing team members. People waved flags and cheered as our mascot danced around the empty pitch, entertaining the whole audience. The talking echoing from the crowd made it hard for me to think. I can smell the churros and popcorn being sold, as well as the mouth watering smell of burgers. The sky was dark due to the sun setting at a earlier time in autumn, making the large lights shine brightly, illuminating the whole of the field and the bleachers that where filled with supporting friends and family.

Our school held a football game every few months, and since it was coming to the end of October, our team and coaches thought it would be a good idea to do one now, since it gets too cold in here in winter. Plus, every time the school does host an event, we tend to raise a lot of money for the school and our charity. These games make the most money since it is such an exciting event for both our school and our opponents.

Our seats were located nearer to the ground, right near to where the boys come out of the changing rooms to play. To my right was the stairs, a place where Charlie stood a lot in order to get clear pictures on his camera. I was surrounded by my friends so we could support Nate, Ethan and Grayson.  Nate's little sister and his dad were sitting a few rows up from us, I knew this because I had previously been talking to them earlier during the day. His father thanked me for helping Nate improve his music grade, and we also fell down into a deep conversation about how his dad was once in a band when he was our age.

"Maddison." I was snapped out of my thoughts by Amelia, who was standing on the stairs beside me. "This is Emily."  She informed me. I look behind Amelia to see a pretty girl with blond hair and strikingly green eyes. Her eyebrows were thick, yet neat and dark. She looked like she wasn't wearing much makeup, seemingly coming across as a naturally pretty girl. "She's new here, I ran into her when I was coming home to see you when you were sick." She lies, knowing that the others could be listening. I introduced myself to the new girl before they took their seats. Amelia sits in between me and Katya, and Emily sat on the other side of Katya. There was an empty seat beside me so that Charlie could easily access the stairs in order for him to be able to take pictures.

The reason I hadn't seen Emily during the day is because I didn't go into school. Instead, I stayed up all night with my mom because she had to catch a flight super early in the morning. She gone now, probably in a whole different country right now.

Charlie came and sat down next to me with a smile on his face. "What?" I ask playfully, confused by the cheeky grin on his lips.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just got a few really good pictures." He grins, taking his camera off the strap the hung loosely around his neck.

"Let me see!" I beg. His pictures usually turn out really good, so good that he prints many of them and puts them in the schools photography/dark room, therefore some teachers can pick ones to go up on display.

He lifts the large camera up so I can see the screen that the pictures are displayed on, and he begins to flick through. The first picture was taken from a high height, it looked as though he went to the top of the stairs and took pictures facing out, capturing the beautiful scenery and the faces of people in the stands. A few of the other pictures where just of the people in the crowds, both from our team and the other team.

Then he flicked to the last picture. A picture of me. It was taken from a distance, clearly zoomed in with his high quality camera. The people behind me were blurred, focussing the picture
on me. The flash used made my necklace charm glisten, and the light that was above me made my hair, that was tied in Dutch braids, shine. The bright colours from my red and yellow sweatshirt looked bright with the effect that his camera lens gave off, extenuating the colour in my football jersey. I wasn't smiling, but I didn't look grumpy either, I just looked neutral. I hadn't even realised he was taking a picture of me. I saw that their was a flash, somewhat in front of me, but I just assumed he was taking a picture of our side of the bleachers. The flash used made my eyes look crystal blue and my freckles were clearly prominent on my cheeks.