Part Twenty One

Ethan's P.O.V

My heart pounds in my chest and my jaw stays tight shut. I storm down the stairs, leaving Maddison with this jade girl. I navigate my way through all the people, scanning each face just incase he was inside. I Find myself getting more pissed as I walk through to the kitchen.

I can hear my heart pounding in my ears and I can feel the jolts if adrenaline shooting through my body. I make it to the kitchen and see Grayson just as he finishes cleaning up the glass.

His head shoots up as I slam the kitchen door shut. Grayson and I were the only ones in there. He slowly gets up, concern filled his eyes. "What happened?" He said, slow and steady. He was clearly aware of how mad I was.

"Where is he?" I keep myself calm because I didn't want to argue with him. My voice came out deep and maybe a bit intimidating.

"Where is who?" Grayson still spoke slow as he walks over to me slowly. He head was crooked to the side and his eyebrows furrow.

"James!" I burst out, I struggled to keep calm. "Do you know where he is," I said as I took a deep breath. I made my way over to the glass backyard doors, my eyes scanning the faces.

"Umm..." he thought for a second "He came in not long ago to get a drink with Ruby, and then they both disappeared back outside. But Ethan please tell me what hap-"

And there he was, in the far back right corner, in front of our storage room. slightly hidden behind the barbecue. He's stood opposite ruby. Her arms flew around and they argued. In Ruby's hand was a red plastic cup filled to the brim with alcohol. As her hands fly around, the liquid spills over the edges.

My eyes divert back to James. He seemed more calm in the argument. His arms were crossed across his chest as he waited for ruby to stop talking. Her hands pushed his chest back as she yelled.

James put his hand up in front of her face as he dug around in his pocket. My eyes stayed glued to him as my hand found its way to the door handle, gripping on tightly. "E, don't do anything stupid, just tell me what happened." Grayson says, snapping me out of my thoughts. But I ignored him.

James pulled out a small box and held it up to Ruby's face, pointing to the back of the box.

I could recognise that box anywhere... it's dark blue cardboard box, the white moon and starts and the picture of a yellow and red pill on the front of it. The thing he was holding was mine! They were my sleeping pills. I use them on the nights where I can't sleep...half a pill to make you drowsy. A whole pill to put you to sleep.

By now the only sound I could hear was my heart, not the music, not the laughing and the singing, not Grayson talking in my right ear. Just my heart.

I pushed the handle down, almost breaking it off its hinges. I pushed the door open, swinging it shut behind me. Not once did I remove my eyes off him. I feel a rush of adrenaline as I get closer and closer.

"How many did you put in there?" Rubys high pitch voice questions loud enough for me to hear.

"I don't know, like three?" When he said this, I completely lost it. I basically fucking ran over to them. Ruby's head turns a bit as she's talking, before her eyes find mine. But my eyes stayed glued to him.

My fist clenched into a tight ball, and before I knew it, I was already swinging. I swung across the left side of his face, the impact almost instantly knocked him over. The box dropped out of his hand as he fell. His hand grabbed onto the side of his face as he looked up at me.

"What the fuck?!" He said as he scrambled up from the floor. Before he could say anything else, I swung again, forcefully pushing him to the floor as he did. James tried to fight back, but failed to do so. Usually he would win, James is on the wrestling team, so in most cases he would beat me in a fight...even if it was just playful, but that wasn't happening today.