Part fiftyeight

(Maddison's p.o.v.)
Nate's birthday 🥳

"You guys! This has got to be perfect!" I shout out as I pin up a 'happy birthday' banner in the living room. We were decorating my whole house with birthday decorations for Nate's birthday. The whole day at school we just acted as if we had forgotten...so we could surprise him.

"It's going to be amazing, trust me." Ethan assures me as he walks over. He wrapped his hands around my lower back and I push myself on my tippy toes to kiss him.

"Hey! Love birds, stop messing about and help." Katya says as she walks in the room with a bunch of balloons filled with helium. "It's important that everything is done before he and his friends get here."

Since the twins and Charlie all know all the guys on the football team, they told them the plan. Us lot were gonna set up at my house after school and they were gonna drive Nate to my house at 4:30 and celebrate his birthday with us.

I do know the guys on the football team, but is not really friends, so it was a bit strange that I was letting them into my house, but it was for Nate's birthday, so I don't really care...

"Okay you guys! Are all the gifts on the table?" I say, as we rush round putting together last minute things. Ethans friend Darius texted him saying they were 2 minutes away.

"Yes, they're all here. No everyone go hide somewhere." Grayson says, ducking bellow the island in the kitchen. Some of Nate's friend came a t bit earlier to help set up, so there was quite a few people hiding around the house. I was stood behind the front door, so that when he walked in I could put a party hat on his head.

The front door was wide open, so we could all hear the car pulled up on the driveway. I bring my finger up to my lips, shushing everyone. I heard the car doors shut and Nate's voice say 'why are we a Maddison's house?"

I smile as he and his friends footsteps get closer and closer to the door. And almost exactly at the same time, everyone jumps up from their hiding spot, shouting "Happy Birthday!" As loud as they could.

The look of shock, excitement and happiness on Nate's face made me smile brightly. I push the front door shut behind him and place a party hat on top of his heat. "Happy birthday." I say again, hugging him.

"I..-" He was literally speechless. "I don't know what to say-" He stumbles on his words.

"Don't say anything, come and open your gifts." Amelia says, grabbing his arm and pulling him into the sitting room. Set up on the the small coffee table in the centre of the room was a few gifts wrapped in birthday patterned paper.

"What the- I thought you guys forgot. I wasn't gonna say anything." He said, walking over to the table. "You guys really didn't have to do all this." He says.

"Nate, it's your 18th birthday, did you seriously think we wouldn't do anything for this birthday?" Charlie said.

"Shut up and open your gifts." Katya laughs, pushing a few across the table towards him. And so he began to open them.

My gift was still upstairs in my room, because I couldn't be bothered to wrap it, so I'm just gonna give that to him later. But for now, everyone else had bought him little gifts and money in his cards. His friends from football got him some football jersey thing and stuff like that. And to say the least... he loved them all.
•~•

"Nate! Come here." I shout, calling him towards the stairs. "I need to give you my present,"

He separated himself from the group and walks towards me. "Couldn't you just bring it down?" He smiles, following me up the stairs.