Part fourteen

Ethan's p.o.v

The smell of barbecued burgers filled my nose as I sat back an my chair. Charlie was currently cooking our dinner and the rest of us were sat around him. My phone was held up in my face as I shielded my eyes from the sun, making it easier to see the screen. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed as my phone screen went black "shit, it's dead" I mumble to my self as I sat up out of my seat.

"Yo, does anyone have a portable charger I can borrow." I asked, however, none of them did.

"I think Mads has one." Grayson said as he began to kick a ball around in the air. I sighed as I got up out of my seat. I walked over to the girls tent and unzipped the door, poking my head in.

"Maddie. Do you have a charger?" I asked as I scanned the tent room for her.

My eyes caught onto hers, she was sleeping. Her hair was tied up in loose  and she had tear stains on her cheek from where her mascara had run down her face. She had been crying. Somehow she still manage to look beautiful. ''stop fantasising over a girl who hates you." I mentally slapped my self. Her body was curled over on her side, and her hand was placed on the tear stained pillow beside her. I turned around and walked back out of the tent.

"She's sleeping" I stated as I walked back to my seat.

"Just grab it out of her bag, it's in the front pocket." Amelia told me before I had the chance to sit back down. I turned around on my heel and walked back into the tent.

My eyes scanned the floor for her navy blue Adidas hold-all bag as I shut the tent fire behind me, walking in. Her bag was place at the end of her air mattress, so I walked over and crouched down beside it.

As I stuck my hand in the front pocket of the bag and began searching for her portable charger. I felt like I was going to be invading her privacy if I looked in her bag, so I just felt around with my hand, until it got pricked by something at the bottom of the bag. I yanked my hand out and shook it back and forth as I winced in pain.

I looked down at my hand to see a small trail of ruby red blood trickling out of the tip of my finger and across my thumb. I peered into her bag to see 3 blades sitting at the bottom of the pocket surround by a open tissue. I slowly pulled them out and wrapped them back up in their tissue before shoving them into the the pocket of my sweat pants. I saw the rose gold portable charger and grabbed it as well.

I abruptly walked out of the tent, not even bothering to charge me phone. I stormed past Katya and Grayson (who was still playing football), and stormed down the path that lead to the cafe.

"Hey?! Where are you going?!" I heard Grayson yell behind me, but I ignored him.

I didn't like the fact that Maddison had something with her that she could harm herself with, so I decide I wanted to get rid of them.

Once I made it to the cafe, I pushed open the door, and the small bell chimed as I entered. I pushed past all the seats and chairs and jumped over the counter top, before entering the single staff bathroom. I locked the door behind me and walked over to the the toilet.

I watched as the blades swirled around the bowl of the toilet after throwing them in and flushing it. I ignored the constant yelling of staff workers on the other side of the door until the toilet had completely flushed.

When I unlocked the bathroom door, I was met by a tall, brown, curly haired man, around my age. The name on his name tag said: Oscar.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He stated "you have crossed the limits at this cafe and-"

"Yeah-Yeah, what ever Oscar." I said rudely as I exited the cafe, the same bell chiming as I left.