Part thirty eight

(Charlie's p.o.v.)

"Okay class. As you should all know, it is time for us to do our final exams." My teacher stated smiling. The whole class groans. "It is, of course, your speaking exam. You should all have your speeches prepared."

I reach down into my bag and pull out the speech I had written, it was about a page long, but to be honest, I just rambled on. I look to my left and see that Ethan already had his speech out. Ethan was good at English, it was probably one of his strongest subjects, but he always complained about not liking it. Ethan was one of my only friends in my class apart from Katya, but she sits at the back of the class room.

"We are going to be going in no particular order, starting with...you." She points at one of the kids in the front of the class and the get up and behind to do their speech.

If I'm honest, the speeches were so boring. Like I would rather be in my math class right now. People were laying down on the desks, doodling on their sheets and on their phone. Just like Ethan. He had his phone out beside him and he was texting someone. However, he didn't look as bored as the other people in the class, he looked shocked and sad. His eyebrows we furrowed and his eyes were laced with confusion.

"Ethan Dolan, you're next." My teacher announced. He took a deep breath and pushed his phone into his pocket before standing up and slowly making his way to the front of the class. I could see his chest heaving up and down as he looked around the class, almost as if he was lost. I felt like I was the only person in the class watching because I could tell there was something wrong, whether he was nervous, or sick, something wasn't right.

"Ethan, you need to start otherwise we will run out of time." My teacher said, her eyes not coming off the paper in front of her. He was completely frozen, his eyes focused on his hands.

"E?" I say, breaking the silence of the class. He sucks in a deep breath of and looks up at me. His face was pale and his eyes were droopy. He looked like he was about to throw up.

At this point, our teacher had looked up and noticed that something wasn't right. "I should probably take him to the nurse." I say standing up slowly. My teacher nods and immediately hands me a hall pass.

I walk over to Ethan and stumbles over to me, grabbing onto my arm as we walk out of the class room. His breathing was heavy, making it very loud as he sucked air in through his nose and out through his mouth. As we make our way down the hall, heading towards the nurses office, he stops, turning toward the men's restroom.

"Ethan what are you doing?" I say as he pushes the door open. He stumbled over to the faucets and placed his hands on either side, looking into the mirror. "What's going on?" I ask.

"I.." He pants before gritting his teeth out of pain "Can't breathe." He lets out, looking in the mirror. I drop of sweat rolled down his forehead as he ran his hands through his hair, exhaling air through his cheeks. "I need..." he stops and puffed out air as he held back tears

"Water?" I question due to him not finishing his sentence.

"Grayson."

"Grayson?" I ask out of confusion. "Ethan your sick, we need to go to the nurse." I say almost as if he were stupid. He goes back over to the tap and splashed water on his face.

"Only Gray can h-help." He pants. This was beginning to sound weird. But then I started to put the pieces together... heavy breathing, sweating, panting, crying.

"E, is this some sort of panic attack?" I say, not having any idea or understanding of how to deal with this. He takes a deep breath and sits down on the dirty bathroom floor....well, the floor isn't that dirty, fortunately they are cleaned twice a day.