Part fortytwo

(Grayson's p.o.v)

I immediately get up and out of my seat a walk directly towards him from the other side of the cafe. Maddison walked behind me, mumbling 'Holy shit'. I think we were both genuinely surprised that it took us so long to figure out it was Nate bleeding right in front of us.

"Maddison," He chocked, flinching in pain. "Gray. You gotta help me." He says quietly as we approached. Maddison grabs his arm and helps him sit down on one of the stools. His body was arched over slightly as he looked down at the blood that was soaking through his white cotton shirt.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked. His abs flex and he winces in pain, after lifting his shirt of the cut slightly. He throws his head back out of frustration.

"No, keep it on tight." Maddison's tells him. She crouched down slightly, placing her hands on top of his and applying pressure. "What did you do?" She asked, not taking her eyes of the injury.

Nate's eyes dart down at Maddison quickly and then back up at me. His eyes widen as he looks at me, and he shakes his head quickly, almost as if he didn't want her knowing. "It's uh... it's a long story." He said quickly. Before either of them could say anything else, the lady from behind the counter returns with an ice bag. Nate takes it and places it on his eye swollen eye.

He looks up at me again again and I quickly mouth 'Tell me what happened.' And he nods.

"We should probably get you to the hospital, this looks bad." Maddison says, and we all agree.

•-•

Maddison and I walk into the room that Nate was being treated in. He was sitting up with his legs hanging of the edge the hospital bed, still shirtless. A huge white bandaid/bandage was covering the area that was previously bleeding, which was roughly on his left hip. The swelling around his eye has gone down slightly, leaving a purple bruise to form on his upper cheek.

"You good?" I say as I walk closer.

"I guess you could say that." He paused for a moment. "The st- The injury was close to being super fatal. Any further to the right, it could have been bad."

"Well, we're glad your okay." Maddison says. "Can you tell us what happened?" Just after she asked him what he did, but her phone began to ring, stopping her from saying anything else.
"Hello?"
"I told you not to worry about it."
"It's fine"
"But-"
"No. Don't worry-"
"Okay fine! I'll be there in 10." She hangs up and puts the phone away.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Nobody, I've gotta go. You better tell me what the fuck happened." She said, pointing at Nate as she goes to leave.

"But you don't have a car." I tell her.

"I'll walk." And with that, she left. I waited until I knew she was definitely gone before speaking.

"You better fucking speak up buddy." I say, turning around and facing him. He let out a sigh of relief after Maddison left.

"Oh my god. It was awful. And it hurts so fucking bad." He groans. "They're fucking coming after me and they won't stop until he gets what he wants!"

"What? Who? Who are 'they' and what does 'he' want." I say out of confusion. "And what the fuck did they do to you?!" My voice raises.

"It's was James....and his goons." He huffs. "They literally came out of nowhere in the alley and-"

"Wait." I stop him

"What?" His eyebrows

"Why were you in an alleyway?" I asked.