Part fourtyone

(Ethan's p.o.v)
9:50 :: the next day.

My head pounds and my eyes squint as I jog around playing field. The last thing I remember from last night was Maddison dragging my drunk ass upstairs, asking me for her car keys, and then making me sleep, And now I'm here. . . Running laps in my fucking gym class. Of course I remember the obvious things that happened yesterday, like my dad, but other than that, I have no clue what happened after that.

My eyes stare down at the dark orange coloured track beneath my feet as I sprint. Even though it was a considerable cold day outside, I still worked up a sweat due to the amount of time I have been running for.

"Faster Dolan! You gotta run faster!" My gym coach yells as I run past him. I groan, picking up my pace. As I lift my head up I see Maddison sitting on the raised bleachers with Emily and Katya. The must have free period because they obviously weren't in class. I look left at my coach and see that he was caught up in a conversation with one of the other guys who were running, so I took my chance to get some answers....By asking Maddison what happened when and how I got home yesterday.

I run off the track and up the stairs closest to where she was sitting, rubbing the line of sweat off my forehead as I approached. "Hey..." I huff, placing my hands on my knees as I pant due to me being so out of breath from running. She looked up at me, and the quickly back down at the text book she was holding. "Can we talk for a second?" I ask as I slowly begin to calm my breath. She nods quickly, chewing her bottom lip as she stands up. I lead her away from her friends, walking towards the other side of the stairs.

"I thought you would want to apologise." She said slightly quietly, crossing her arms across her lower stomach as she looked down, almost as if she was embarrassed by me.

"Apologise? For what?" I question, genuinely confused by what she was talking about. Apologise? What did I do?

"For what you did"

"What did I do?" I question again.

"For- Wait. You don't remember, do you?" She said slowly, looking down. My eyebrows furrow as I try to look into her eyes, but she was looking at the ground instead. "I guess it's best if you don't remember." She tells me. She turns to walk away, but I quickly stopped her by standing in front of her.

"Apologise for what?" I say again a little bit louder. She looked up at me and shook her head.

"Don't worry." She said. My eyes furrow again out of confusion. What was she being like this. "You really don't remember. Do you?"

"No. I don't." I say, she huffs slightly turning away from me. "Look, Maddison, If I did something to you, you have got to tell me." I demand, getting aggravated by how secretive she was being. She still continued to look into the distance, not saying anything. "Maddison?!"

"Ethan honestly, its fine. You don't need to know." She lies, fiddling with the ring on her finger. She goes to walk past me again, but I move, blocking her path.

"Tell me what I did." I say slowly as my hands rest on her shoulders, making her look more in the eyes.

"No." She says quietly. "It didn't hurt that much is fine." She admits.

"Hurt?!" I say out of shock. "I hurt you?" I look for an answer in her big blue eyes as they gloss over. She nodded her head, not saying anything. "What happened?" I ask one last time, getting very annoyed. She hesitated for a second before speaking up.

"You forced yourself on me. Okay? And you really fucking hurt me. Is that what you wanna hear?!" She said, rubbing her waist and her lower back. I stand there, not saying anything, frozen in shock. She shook her head while looking at me before pushing past my motionless body.