Part 11

Maddison's p.o.v

My heart dropped to my feet as the figure turned around. I didn't know what to do, I just stood there frozen.

"Maddison? What are you doing, you almost gave a heart attack!" The figure stated. I shined my phone light towards the male, revealing Ethan. He squinted his eyes and his hand were in his pockets. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Same here." I said, letting out a soft laugh. "What are you doing out here at 3 in the morning?" I asked

"I was at the cafe earlier, but then it closed, so I decided to go for walk, to get to know the place better. I just really needed to clear my mind." He told me. "Why are you out here?"

"Well, great minds think alike, I guess. Just clearing my thoughts." I said as we began walking.

He was being normal. Like properly normal. Normal conversation. Normal expression. No aggression. No rude words. No threats.

"So. Where were you planning on going in the middle of the woods at 3:30 in the morning?" He questioned.

"I'm going to climb up there." I said as I pointed up at the rocks. "I want to see a up high view of the campsite and stuff." I said as I diverted the direction I was walking and headed to the rocks.

"Don't you think that's a bit dangerous?" He stared as he walked behind me.

"Nah, I used to do it as a kid all the time." I replied as I began to climb up the stair-like rocks. "Except, I used to do it when it was actually bright out." . I could hear Ethan behind me as I climbed.

When I finally reached the top, I looked off into the distance at the land below us. The rocks weren't extremely high up. But they were high enough to see the whole of the campsite. I found a flat slab of rock and sat down, dangling my legs over the edge. It wasn't long until Ethan was sat beside me.

Ethan's p.o.v

I had followed Maddison up to this huge rock thing and we were sat down with our feet over the edge. The view was beautiful, the lights, the water, the tents, the fire pits that were very dim. It   was amazing. A huge gust of wind blew us slightly, Maddison hair was taken by the wind as I just ran my hands through mine.

"Woah, this is beautiful!" I said as I laid back looked up at the sky. "Maddison look at the sky. it's a full moon!"

The night was clear, not a cloud in the sky. The full moon shines brightly and the stars glistened beside it. The smile on Maddison's face faded away as she glanced up at the sky.

"maddison?" I said softly as I sat back up and turned towards her, "are you ok?"

"yes" she said quickly, not taking her eyes off of the view in front of her. I could see her eyes getting glossy.

"Are you sure?" I asked, knowing she wasn't ok.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said as she laid down, looking up at the sky.

"Your lying, aren't you..." I said as i turned my whole body towards her, moving away from the edge.

"yes" she said. A tear trickled from her eye and rolled down her cheek. Be she quickly wiped it away.

"What wrong? Why are you upset?" I asked. I'm not used to girls crying. The only girl that's ever cried around me is ruby, she cry's when she thinks I'm cheating on her.

"The sky..." She said as she sat up and sat face to face with me "it reminds me of my dad."

How does the sky remind you of a person.