Part fiftytwo

(Maddison's p.o.v).
Tuesday:::

Going back to school after an amazing weekend is so fucking boring. The second night was a lot more fun the the first one. Ethan felt better so he convinced us he was able to go for the Sunday night show, so he did. And he didn't drink, at all. However I on the other hand, got absolutely hammered. Every two seconds someone would try to force me to drink water. Let's just say the flight home last night was not fun. Yes, the eight of us skipped school on Monday, and an email was sent out to our parents, but none of them cared because they knew where we were. Both me and Ethan haven't mentioned a single word to each other about what happened at the pool and in his hotel room on Saturday night.
-

My head pounds with a burning headache as a slowly walk down the hall, feeling slightly unwell. I hate how quiet the school halls are during lunch break. Everybody's either in the cafeteria or outside eating, so he halls are always empty.

Or at least I thought they were.

"Hey. Maddison can I talk to for a second." I hear a familiar voice say, just as I'm about to reach the doors to the cafeteria. I turn around and see Ruby standing there.

"Sure?" I say, not knowing where this conversation would take me. She walked closer towards me, and I noticed that something was different. She wasn't wearing her usual slutty clothes or a thick layer of cakey makeup on her face.

"I just wanna say, congrats on your 'relationship' with Ethan. It's cute." She said in a sarcastic tone. The clothes and makeup may be gone, but the attitude was still there. "But just know that I won't stop. I will find a way to get him back. Whether you like it or not."

"Look. Ruby. I feel to sick to be caring about this bullshit right now. So if you don't mind, I'm going to go to lunch." I tell her, before turning around and pushing the two large double doors that lead to the lunch hall.

The bright lights from inside the cafeteria flood into my eyes making me feel dizzy for a second, but I just took a deep breath and walked to my table, which, for some reason was significantly more filled than usual. That jade girl, who helped me when James drugged my drink, was sitting beside Ethan's friend Darius, who's on the football team. They were both sitting in the two empty seats that are usually at our table. However, the space where I normally sit, which is in between Amelia and Ethan, was taken. By Emily.

Now I wasn't gonna be stupid or pretty and tell her to move, so I just walked up behind Ethan and stood there with my hands placed on his shoulders. My eyes quickly glanced down at his neck, looking for the hickey I gave him, but he was covering with the hood of his hoodie.

(Ethan's p.o.v.)

I feel two hands grip onto my shoulders, and I could immediately tell it was Maddison. I turn around to look at, but the first thing that caught my eyes was how pale her face was. Her eyes looked bloodshot and her face was as white as a ghost.

And clearly I wasn't the only person who noticed, "Maddison are you feeling alright? You look sick." Charlie said.

"Maddison I thought I told you to stay home." Amelia said quietly, widening her eyes.

"You should probably sit down." Katya added. I looked beside me at Emily, who was sitting in Maddison's usual seat.

"Here, come sit." I say, lightly pulling her to sit on my lap. "Are you okay?" I ask her.