Part sixteen

(Maddison's p.o.v)

Maddison's outfit:

We've been at the camp for seven days now, and we plan on leaving tomorrow

We've been at the camp for seven days now, and we plan on leaving tomorrow. This holiday was fun, there wasn't too many issues, apart from the messages.

Oscar and I have been getting really close this past week, and he's constantly asking to 'meet up for a milkshake' with him and his girlfriend. However, she doesn't seem to like me, she gives me weird, but not rude, looks when Oscar isn't there. That's why sometimes I would go up their alone, and we would share one of the strawberry milkshakes across the bar. Our night would be filled with giggles and laughs, until his girlfriend shows up for her shift. But I'm glad we've become as close as we were when we were kids, and I'm happy my other friends don't mind that I keep coming to the cafe diner, since they all understand that he's and old friend.

Anyways

Ethan has been acting weird recently, he hasn't been talking to me...he's sorta been, ignoring me, and I don't know why.

"Hey Maddison?" I heard a voice say. I sucked in a breath of air as I turn to see who was talking "You good?" Grayson asked.

"Yah. I'm good. Just getting lost in my thoughts." I said, pulling the sleeves of my hoody over my hands. It was a cold dewy morning and Grayson, Charlie and I were the only ones up.

"What ya thinking about?" He asked.

"I just...uh...can I talk to you...alone." I said, nodding my head towards the path that lead to the cafe diner. He nodded his head as we got up.

I crossed my arms over my chest as we walked, and Grayson's hands were stuffed in the pockets of his joggers.

"So, what did you wanna say??" He asked as we walked into the cafe and sat at a table.

"Why is Ethan ignoring me, o-or acting weird now.". I asked him as my eyes scanned the menu. He was taken back by my words. We both quickly ordered and iced coffee when the waiter came by.

"Uh Maddison, it's not really right for me to tell you." He said, running his hands through his hair.

"Okay, soo now I know there's something going on." I sighed "why can't you just tell me. I thought Ethan was acting fine this holiday, for once in my life he was acting normal, and then he turns ghost and ignores me, like I've done something wrong."

"Maddison, I told you. It not my choice to say." He said, a little bit more stern.

"Why?!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. "Please Gray, why isn't he talking to me?"

I gave the grumpy young waiter A smile as she placed down our drinks.

"i wish you would stop" he mumbled, taking a long sip of his drink after he spoke.