Part sixtythree

Look, I know my time frame for this book is a little bit all over the place, but let's just say that it's currently early November in the story. Meaning that the skiing trip is like late November—early December.😂😝😂

"Guys. Tonight. My place at 7, or later. Party." Darius says as he comes over to the cafeteria table. He didn't sit down because he was about to run off tell other people.

"But it's Tuesday." Grayson says.

"But it's my parents are gone." He responds quickly.

"But we have school tomorrow." Katya says.

"But it's my birthday..." Darius says.

"It's your birthday?" I ask him.

"Well, my birthday is next weekend." He told me.

"So why don't you do it then?" Amelia asked.

"Because my parents are gone until Friday! You can either come or not." He said before running off to a different table in the cafeteria. Conveniently a table that James and ruby were sat at.

James looked over at me, I was sitting on Ethan's lap, and he nodded at Darius, clearly agreeing to be there. Ruby looked over at me with a spitefully nasty look on her face. But I didn't let it get to me, instead, I just turned around to Ethan and kissed him.

As I did so, another set of eyes locked onto mine. Emily's eyes. She was staring right at me while the others talked about getting ready for the party. But once again, I ignored here glare, and turned back into the the conversation.

"If any of you girls wanna come to my house before hand to get ready, you can. We could order a pizza or something and eat before leaving." I said.

"Yeah, we'll me there." Katya spoke on behalf of both her and Amelia, who had food shoved in her face.

"Is it all good if I come." Jade, the girl that I befriended after the last party, said with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah if course!" I smiled.

"I'll come." I hear the rat- I mean, Emily, say. She had a fake smile on her mouth, but I just politely smiled back at her.

I genuinely can't tell if I like her or hate her.

Because as much as I am pretty sure that she switched my medication, I don't wanna point my finger at her and accuse her of making me seriously ill. She's training as a nurse, surely she would understand the serious consequences of depriving someone from their much needed medication. So, until she does something... and I have actual evidence of her doing so, I have to pretend to like the girl, because nobody else but Ethan knows about the pill situation.

Speaking of Ethan, he seemed strangely quiet today, almost as if he was trying hard to seem happy.

Since I was sitting on his lap, I turned round slightly to whisper in his ear. "Are you okay?" I ask him and he looks up out of his daydream.

"Hmm? Yeah" He very obviously lies.

"No you're not." I look at him. "Here, come with me." I say, smiling weakly as I get up of his lap. I grab his hand gently and pull him up from the table before giving Grayson a confused look. I lead him out of the cafeteria without saying anything to him.

"Maddison." He said as he walked beside me slowly, our hands were still intertwined.

"What's going on? You don't seem right." I ask him softly as we walk out of the school building and towards the outside seating area. He didn't say anything at all, instead he looked down at his feet. "Baby, whatever's going on, you can tell me." I admit.