part seventy three

(maddison's p.o.v)

Walking in and out of that locker room is probably the most empowering thing i've ever done. I'm trying my best to maintain control over how i'm feeling right now, and to remain as calm as possible regardless of the thousands of emotions running through my head in this moment.

Driving home safely was just step on for me. I could have easily done something stupid, but i restrained myself. And for that i am proud. My phone was blowing up with text messages from my friends asking me where i was and if i'm safe. To be honest, if they really cared they would have come find me, but that's not what i want right now. What i need right now is my anxiety medication and a bottle of tequila. I'm kidding.

I took deep breaths and made my way to my bedroom, where i proceeded to change into even more comfortable clothes and lay on my bed. I couldn't hold back anymore. My throat ached in pain from holding back tears i just had to let loose. The sadness flowed out of me like a waterfall and i sobbed into my pillow.
how could he do this to me?

•~•

'maddison...' A voice whispered into my dream as i laid passed out on my bed.
'Maddison.' it came again.

"Maddison!" My body jolted awake and i sat up abruptly looking over at my bedroom door. Stood in the doorway was Nate and Amelia, staring at me with concerned eyes.

"Can't you see i was fucking Sleeping?" i groaned laying back down on the sheets in a fit of frustration. "How did you even get in here" i groan.

"Spare key." Amelia says.

"What time is it?" I ask them with my face half buried into my soft pillows.

"It's half past three. School just ended Maddison." She explains to me. "We came here as fast as we could as we thought it would be best if it were us rather than anyone else."

She was right. If anyone else was to walk into my house unannounced, especially if it was Ethan, i would be beyond mad.

"You don't have to talk about what happened, or explain the details in any depth at all. We just want you to know that we are here for you-" Three loud knocks on the front door cut Nate of mid sentence. "Ignore it, they'll probably go away eventually" He said. But then knocked again.

"I'll go see who it is, and tell them to leave." Amelia said and walked out of the bedroom as she rolled her eyes.

"Okay the real reason why i'm here is to give you this." Nate says reaching into his hoodie pocket and holding at a bag with some stuff in it.

"What is it?" I ask, sitting up and taking it from him. Only then did i actually see what it was. Inside the clear bag were two rolled joints and and old purple lighter. My eyebrows furrowed and i looked up at him.

"Look, Use it, don't use it. I don't care. But at some point you're gonna need it. It will relieve your stress in ways you don't even understand. So if it gets to that point use them. It will help."

i could hear Amelia coming back up the stairs so i quickly just shoved the stuff he gave me under my pillow. "It was Ethan." She said with a horrid look on her face. "I told him to fuck off" She says bluntly, and a smile form on my face.

I love this girl. She has been my best friend since i was young, and she's always had my back no matter what, and she has always, without a doubt, stuck up for me. Knowing that  she still does it to this day is comforting.