Part twenty seven

(Ethans p.o.v)
Friday:

"Jade, can i-uh talk to you for a moment?" I say, jogging up to her in the hall. She stopped and turned on her heel to look at me, holding onto the straps of her bag.

"Okay?" She says slowly, her eyes laced with confusion. I hesitate for a moment, looking down at her. "Well? Talk then." She giggles.

"Can we go somewhere, quiet?" I say scratching the back of my head.

"Sure?" She says, giving me a confused look. She follows me down the hall as I lead her towards the 12th grade, student, study room. It was empty in the room since nobody really went in there at lunch.

"You were saying?" She said, taking a sip out of her drink cooler.

"Okay. So..." I thought for a moment, not knowing how to phrase my words "let's say, hypothetically, that there's a girl, and a guy. And the guy likes the girl, but the girl might not like him back. What should the guy do?" I say quickly.

"Well I-" She started, I cut her off abruptly.

"Just remember this is hypothetical!" I blurt.

"Okay, I will. Well, let's just say, if I were in the guys position, I would definitely take a leap for faith. If there is nothing to prove that the other person doesn't like me, I would go for it." She say, shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay, but what if, let's say, after the leap of faith, someone gets hurt, whether its guy or the girl?" I say, as I take an apple out of my back pack.

"Ethan?" She says

"Yes?"

"I'm not stupid. If there's something you feel the need to tell me about someone, go for it, I won't judge." She says reassuring me. "Ethan, if I were you, I would go for it." She tells me, as she zips her bag shut.

"Okay. But I've never really felt this way before." I say. "Like I feel like my relationship with ruby was just like a hook-up type thing."

"Oooh. Ethan Dolan has real feelings for someone?" She says sarcastically.

"Shut up." I was getting slightly embarrassed.

"Just go for. it." She says standing up. "You've changed dolan, and it's a good change." She tells me, playfully punching my shoulder as she skips to the door. "I gotta go, drama duty is calling me."

And with that she left. She just walked out the door, leaving just me and my thoughts in that room.

~•~•~•~•~
(Maddison's p.o.v.)
4:45:

My heart races as I pace back and forth in my room, thoughts flying through my head at every direction.

Do you ever have those days where you just lay there and think. And you think so much to the point where there's nothing more to think about, but the things you have already thought about never leave you alone.

I've thought if everything that's happened this last year. Such as the beginning of school, my mum, my dad, that camping trip. James. The party's. my brother. My friends. And Ethan.

Ethan

The one thing that won't leave my mind is him. And I'm so confused. Like, one minute the kid hates my guts, the all of a sudden he's the only one that been there for me, even tho he's going through a rough time too.

Oh, and that's another thing, pain.

The immense amount of pain that I have been put through, physical and mentally is overwhelming. Like with it being 5 whole years since my dads death, and then my brother showing up out of nowhere. And Ethan finding out about how deal with stuff. It's just been too much, and I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it, because the twins are going through a tough time with their dad and everyone, including me, has got be there for them, so it will be really fucking selfish for me to turn around an tell them that I'm struggling on a mental note.