Thirty two

(Maddison's p.o.v)

"I must say Maddison, you kept this place in good shape." My my told me as she pours her self a glass of cold wine, her eyes looking around at the kitchen.

I was released from the hospital last night, and I was to tired to talk when I got home, so I went straight to sleep. The doctors verified that it was a strange reaction to the medication I was on, which was understandable because of how I was taking it.

"Yeah I know. I like to be tidy. I must of gotten it from you!" I smile, taking a sip from my cold water. She chuckles for a moment before sighing.

"Have you taken your prescription pills?" She asked quickly, handing me a plate of food. To be honest, I missed my mums cooking. Even though she didn't cook a lot when we were younger, whenever she did cook, she would always put lots of effort into her meals.

"Yes mother, I took it just before I came down here." I tell her as I begin to eat. I was referring to the pills that the doctor had given me, not the anxiety ones.

"Okay good," She says slowly as she places her food onto her plate. "I want you to tell me exactly what's going on." She says sternly while sitting down across from me.

"Tell you about what?" I say before taking a bite out of the salad that was on the side of my plate, confused by her  change in emotion.

"Tell me about how, why and what provoked you to talk to Ethan again." She said. I almost choked on my salad at the thought of it all. "Maddison, don't you remember all the ones you would call me crying, or the times where Grayson would call me and ask me to come back because of his and your horrible 'friendship'. Don't you remember all the times he hurt you?"

"Mom, I-"

"Do you know how long Lisa tried to convince me that he was a good kid?"

"He is a good person mom. He wasn't before, but something has changed. Okay?" I say, my fork clatters against the china plate.

"What changed Maddison? Tell me!" She shouts as she starts to get aggravated at me.

"I don't know! But you need to understand that he had been there for me, especially while he's going through a tough time too!" I yell back at her louder.

"Been there for you?" She mimics my voice, scoffing.

"He's been there more than you have 'mom'" I say, making quotation marks with my fingers as I mention her.

Her hand immediately slapped across my face as she looked me dead in the eyes. My tears grit as I hold back tears. My mother rarely ever hit me as a kid, only if was bad or if I talked back to her. She only started to hit me a lot after dad died, because she knew it was technically my fault.

I stand up, grabbing my phone and heading up stairs to my room. I don't hear my mom say anything, and I didn't dare bother going down stairs to finish my food. I just went straight to my room and laid down on my bed.

I pull my phone up into my eyesight and unlock it with my finger print. I have 2 messages, one from Ethan and one from Grayson.

Ethan☺️: I'm so sorry I didn't check up on you this morning, Gray and I went to see our dad💖

I smile at my screen, feeling warm inside as I read the message. I was quick to respond because this was sent 32 minutes ago.

Me: That's totally okay! Don't worry about it it. How's your dad?

Ethan☺️: he's not doing great right now. But the most we can do is hope and be positive.

Me: Okay, I'm always free if you need to talk😊.