Part fiftyfour

⚠️WARNING! This chapter will contain sensitive subjects, a small amount of smut, and a slight blood warning. So I apologise in advance. ⚠️

(Maddison's p.o.v.)

I could hear Ethan pushing random keys on the piano as I walk upstairs, and I could help but laugh. When I get to my room, the first thing I do is grab my phone, seeing that I have a missed call from my mom, so I call her back.

The phone rings for a couple of seconds before she answered. "Hello sweetie!" She chimes through the phone.

"Hey, you called me, is everything okay?" I ask her.

"Yes, I was just calling to say..." she paused for a moment. "Craig called me again, and he wants to take me out again." I could practically see her smile through the phone.

"That's great! But, who's Craig?" I ask her. I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower so that it would have enough time to warm up.

"Craig...the guy that I went on a date with the other night. He wants to go on another one with me." She said.

"Oh. That's nice." I lie, trying my best to make it seem as though i didn't care, when really I did. But I guess that since she's my mother, it was easy to tell when I was lying.

"What? Are you not happy for me?" She asked, and I could hear how confused she was through the phone. I walk around aimlessly in my room as I think of what to say.

"It's not that... It's just I don't like the idea of you moving on from dad." I tell her honestly. "And I know that it's probably time to make changes and stuff, but I just don't like it." I say.

"Well, that's just your opinion isn't it. I'm happy with what's going on in my life, and I would like to keep it that way." She said in a harsh tone. "Could you not just be happy for me for once."

I walk back into my bathroom and lock the door behind me. "No, mom, I am happy for you. But like I said, I just don't like the idea of it, and it just feels strange to me because of how close dad and I were." I say. "I just don't really like it." I admit

"Well, I could say a lot about how much I hate your relationship with that boy, and how he doesn't deserve you. He's was a piece of shit to you, and now your probably fucking him every night." She snapped. I was taken back by her harsh words, not knowing how to react to what she was saying.

"That's not at all true!" I say, my voice broke halfway through my sentence. "How could you say that?" I ask.

"I'll say what I want if it's true." She stated, she was acting childish, and completely abnormally. "You need to grow up Maddison and understand that dad isn't coming back! He is not going to come walking back through the god damn front door. He's dead! He died in that fucking car cash. And you, you survived. It's your fault. He's gone! Gone forever and you have got to understand that we both need to move on."

By now a few tears rolled down my face, completely confused and upset by everything she was saying. "Mom..." my voice was shaky. "I don't know what as gotten into you, or why you are saying this shit. And I can tell your drunk. But I have to go now." I lie, just wanting to get off the phone with her while she was talking to me like this.

"Why? So you can go and have sex with Ethan?" She yelled. "You slut." She's definitely drunk.

"Goodbye." I say, ending the call. I place my phone down on the counter and wipe away my tears while looking in the mirror. I look back down at my phone and see a few messages from people at my school, some of them were asking if I was okay, but there was also a few saying things like...