Part fifteen

Ethan's p.o.v

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Grayson yelled into my ear as he poured a cup of water over my hair. I could hear Charlie giggling in the background while I jolted up out of my bed.

I got up an changed into a pair of red shorts, a plane black top and a gray hoodie over the top. I then proceeded to put on a pair of black and white vans.

The only thing on my mind these past few days has been Maddison. I can't seem to get her out of my head....and I don't understand why.

I walked out of my tent while everyone else stayed inside, either in their phones or sleeping still. I decided to go on a jog down to the cafe, just to clear my head.

_._._._._._._

I sat down in a booth and ordered a coffee and a breakfast bagel, since I was pretty hungry.

It's been a 2 days since I found the blades in Maddison's bag, and I'm still contemplating whether I should tell someone or not.

I feel like it would be a bit intrusive if I told Grayson, but I couldn't keep it to myself.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts, finding Grayson's name. I clicked he name and pulled the phone up to my ear and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He said through the phone.

"Hey, Uhh can you come down to the cafe please..." I asked

"Why, what's wrong?" He said, slightly panicked.

"I just need to talk to you." I said, as the waiter came round with my food and my drink. "Just, get here as soon as possible" I said before hanging up the phone.

My drink was still hot, and I had lost my appetite due to the guilty feeling in my stomach.

I sat in the corner of the booth near the wall with my hood up over my head. I rested my chin on one of my hands as I waited for Grayson.

~•~•~•~•~

The bell on the door chimed as Grayson entered the cafe. He had a pair of white shorts on and a red top on.

His eyes scanned the cafe before locking into mine. He began to walk over to the table and I pulled the hood of my jumper down.

"What's up?" he asked "are you okay?"
I nodded my head in response. "Why did u call me over here then?" He questioned.

I didn't answer his question, instead, I blurted out the most stupid thing possible "how often do Maddison self harm?"

He looked taken back by my sudden words. "Why does it concern you. For all I know, you don't care." He said rudely.

"Just answer the fucking question." I yelled , slamming my hand down on the table causing my drink to splash. The cafe fell quiet for a couple of seconds.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me." He said aggressively. I just sighed and rolled my eyes. "You know what, fuck you. I came down her because I was worried about you. Know you wanna ask personal questions and yell at me?
I'm not like other people, you don't fucking intimate me." He began to stand up. My heart sunk to the the pot of my stomach.

"Wait!" I said, grabbing his arm before her could leave the booth. "This isn't about me. There's a reason I want to know. It's about Maddison!" I informed him. He looked me dead in the eyes "please...it's important."

"Fine. Only coz it's about mads." He sat back down

"Please answer my question." I pleaded. I was desperate to know the answer "please" I asked again quietly.

"Fine....Uhh, I'm pretty sure she does it whenever you hurt her badly." He said quietly "she says it help to take the pain (that you inflicted) away. especially right now because it's been roughly 5 full years since his death.

I wanted to punch myself in the face. I actually felt like shit. I huffed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Why did you need to know?" Grayson asked has he too a bit of my bagel.

"Because I-uh I found some blades in her bag the other day." I told him. He looked shocked and confused. "What were you doing in her bag?" He asked sternly.

"It was when I was getting a charger. I pricked my thumb on it. They where wrapped up in a tissue. So I grabbed the charger and the blades. I took the blades to the bathroom and flushed them." I told him. His face was pale and his eyes were red.

"I-I don't understand. Why would she bring them with her?" He questioned himself "I need to go talk to her" he said as he shot up out of his seat.

"No!" I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him down "she doesn't know I took them. And if she finds out through you, she will be pissed at me!" I whispered aggressively.

"I still need to talk to her, I just won't say anything about the blades. I just make sure she's feeling ok" he said

And as if on cue, the cafe bell chimed, and Maddison and Katya came walking in. I watched as she walked over to one of the workers and wrapped her arms around him. It was the same guy that I bumped into when leaving the staff bathroom.

She was wearing a plane black crop top and some white ripped jean shorts. Her hair was up in a loose ponytail, letting her natural beach waves hang down.

Something this guy said mad her giggle as she tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear, they hugged again and he took her by the hand, leading them to a table. And for some reason, I got annoyed. I pulled my hood back over my head and reached into my pocket, slamming 5 dollars down on the table.

I grabbed my coffee cup and stormed out of the cafe, pushing past the worker who was all over Maddison. I could hear Grayson walking behind me.

My feet crunched against the gravel as I walked away from the cafe. "What's your deal bro?" I heard Grayson say.

I stop and turned around. "I just hate that she's acting all happy, even though she's not." I sighed.

"How would you know that she is pretending to be happy?" He said.

"If she was truly happy, she wouldn't feel the need to bring them with her!" I snapped.

"That's because she's scared! She's scared of you. She can't trust that you won't hurt her. And neither do I." He said walking closer to me. "And I get that you two have been fine this whole holiday. But who knows what will happen!"

"You really don't trust me. Do you?" I said, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Why should I?! I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to remind you, but you hurt her for 5 years straight, FIVE YEARS E'! Then all of a sudden you don't hate her?! It's a bit sketchy! I just-"

"I'm not gonna hurt her!" I shouted, cutting him off "I don't want to!" My voice was shaking because of how guilty and sad I felt. "I don't know what more I can do, o-or say to make believe me Gray." I said.

"Believe what?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turn around to see Amelia and Charlie walking down the path.

"Nothing." Grayson said. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I began walking back down towards the tents.

___________________________
Word count: 1313
Updated on: 6th August 2018
A/N: sorry for the short chapter and the slow update. I've been really caught up in my personal life and just forgot to update. Comment what you want to happen xx