part seventy two

(Maddison's p.o.v)

It's not true. It can't be true. Whatever i'm looking at it's fake, it's not real. I convince myself over and over again in disbelief.

"Maddison, i know you may find this hard to believe but you have got to trust me on this-"

"Trust you...Trust you? How can you expect me to trust you" I say with sour tone in my voice.

"Look, i know you don't like me, and i know i've been a bitch to you, and tried to get in between your relationship with Ethan. But i can't bare to see anyone going through this." She tells me.

"So explain to me why i should believe you about any of this?!" I say angrily.

"Because I went through this." She said in the same tone. "My last boyfriend was manipulative and abusive and i convinced myself i was in love with him and chose to ignore his toxic tendencies. He Lied to me, cheated multiple times and Mentally and physically caused me pain."

My heart sank into my stomach and i started to feel bad for her. "Emily. I'm so sorry, why didn't you tell anyone."

"It's not particularly something i like to speak about often. I didn't move schools because of my parents work, i had to move schools to get away from him. Im scared of him." She explained. "But none of that is relevant right now. The point i'm making is that i know what it's like to lose someone you thought you loved, and that you though loved you back."

i pulled her into a tight hug, "i'm so sorry that happened to you emily." I was to invested in her story that i almost forgot about the things she was showing me not long ago. I zoned out for a moment, thinking about the videos and the screenshots.

"Maddison. Are you okay." She asked me kindly.

"Yeah, yes... well no." I sigh. "Could you please just send me those."

"Yeah okay." She said unlocking her phone and forwarded them to me. "Are you gonna do something about it?" She asked me in a sad tone.

"I will. I just need some time to think and process. Just please don't mention this to anyone else. Please?" I asked her

"Okay i won't. Just text me if you need anything okay. I've gotta get to a meeting." She said and i nodded my head. She walked away and back into the school and i was left stood there staring down at the floor as student began to fill the football fields for early morning practice.

I take my phone out of my pocket and unlock it, immediately opening the videos and screenshots emily had sent me.

the first picture was a conversation between him and one of the girls on the cheer squad dated about a week or two ago. He was calling her beautiful and claiming that he was incredibly horny and needed a fuck buddy. She, of course, turned him down because she knew that he was with me.

The second picture was a screenshot of a snapchat he took and sent to one of emily's friends. Except he was half naked and had a caption across it saying "i need you so bad".

There were also more screenshots of conversations he had had with other girls during the time we had been dating, and multiple from within the last week.

But the one thing that stood out to me the most, and essentially hurt me the most was a screen recording of someone's snapchat story. In the background of the video was Ethan sitting on a couch with Ruby straddling his lap they were making out. At first i wanted to believe that it was an old video of the two when they were dating, but the snapchat filter on-top of the video had a date on it from this month.