Part fiftysix

***this continues straight from the last one, so you can go back and re-read the ending of the previous chapter to refresh your memory***

(Maddison's p.o.v)

"Because I have something else I want to ask you." He said. I turn my head to look at him, but he just continued to look at the sky.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked, my eyebrows furrow. I pull the half eaten chocolate bar out of my pocket and take a bite out of it, enjoying the rich flavours of dark chocolate. His eyebrows furrow and a smile appeared on his face. "What?! Stop judging me." I say after swallowing my chocolate.

"Nothing, I'm not judging."

"I'm on my period okay? I'm craving chocolate." I laugh, placing the bar down on the grass beside me. "Anyway, what's up?" I scooted closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder and he wrapped one of his arms around body to keep me warm.

"I just- uh." He sighs, running his other hand through his hair. "I don't know how to say it."

"Just go for it. Whatever you have to say, just say it." I tell him, literally having no clue what he was going to say.

"I will, but I'm not sure what to even say." He says, pulling me closer. I look back up at the sky, watching as stars shoot by. "I guess I've never said anything like this before." He told me.

"That's okay, you can tell me anything." I assure him.

"It's just, I want the next time that I have the chance to take you on a date like this, for it to be more special." He admitted. I pull away from his grip and sit facing him with my legs crossed. I take his hands in mine before speaking.

"E, this date is literally perfect. This is probably my ideal date, because I don't like fancy expensive places. Ethan, this dates is as special as it gets, and you make me feel special." I say.

"I do?" He asked me.

"Yes! You've been there for me at times where no one else has. You've cheered me up at times where nobody even knew I was upset. And you always manage to make me feel some sort of way when ever I see you. It's like this strong feeling of happiness." I spill quickly.

He doesn't say anything in response, he just leans forward, places one hand on the side of my jaw and kisses me, slowly and passionately. With his other hand, he wraps it around my back and pulled me closer to the point where I had my legs wrapped around his torso, not in a sexual way, just in a way so that our body's could be as close as possible.

When he pulls away, he has a huge adorably stupid smile plastered over his face. "You're a great kisser." He said, placing his hands on my waist.

"Shut up." I say, looking down. I wrap my arms around his chest, just below his armpits, and hug him tight, resting my head in the crook of his neck

"Maddie?" He said, looking back up at the sky.

"Yeah?" I say, my voice was muffled due to my being so close to his body.

"There's something else I wanted to ask you tonight." He said and I sat back to look at him. "I just don't want you to feel as though you have to make a decision right now, or even say yes." He said with a serious look on his face.

"Okay?"

"The reason I wanted our next date to be more special is because..." He paused, running one of his hands through his hair again, before continuing to talk slowly. "I was was wondering if.... you, would like to be my... girlfriend?"

Girlfriend. Boyfriend. That's a big label to put on someone. I have had boyfriends in the past, but not too serious. But I trust Ethan, right?. I trust that if anything was to go wrong during this relationship we have together, we will 100% remain friends. But I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship, purely because of the mindset I'm in.